• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Serenity trailer online

Hell yeah. Finally somebody does something right. I love that series and own the DVDS... I never watched the last episode, so I could know in my mind the show was not over yet... lol....now i can finally watch it and know that theres still more to come.

tmondragon

Whoa! That trailer was awesome. Shiny! :cool: River knows some mean Kung Fu - Trinity eat your heart out. :D

P.S. While you're at the Quicktime trailers site, check out the trailer(s) for The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Looking good as well (but in very a different way).

personally i cant wait for Kingdom of Heaven. always been a fan of the crusades and the knightly orders that fought it.

Serenity i think will be awsome, I loved the series having had the chance to see it all on dvd and cant understand how it could have been cancelled. tbh it reminds me of traveller more than a little.

Not fair. Have to wait til November in the UK. That means for two months I'll have to avoid threads like this and try and resist the temptation to download. And it's going to cost a fortune, because I'll have to go at least 5 times.

Firefly is the name of a ship class, Serenity being the name of the ship from the short lived TV series "Firefly" that takes the crew around the planets of the recently war-torn federation(?). The characters (crew and passengers) and ship, and their "work" as free-traders is very Travelleresque and the series was well loved by everyone but the short-sighted bureaucrats in TV-land who cancelled it after a few episodes because it did poorly in the ratings game. No help that same said low-IQ bureaucrats all but guaranteed the low ratings by insisting on starting with not the first episode, or even all of them in order, but the one with the best "car-chase" and "shootout", cause that's what Amerika wants right. Then I think they got worried that despite the plan an audience was growing and they started changing the night and time, and skipping weeks by having other programming. Typical. So in the end they cancelled it without even showing all the episodes in most markets. Bitter? Moi? No, not much
file_28.gif

The good news is it's all on DVD :D

Well, if they aren't going to release it over here until November they are just asking for film piracy.

When are they going to learn to release films like this simultaneously - or at least within a couple of weeks of each other?

Bizarrely, the Netherlands get the film only a week after the US, but everyone else has to wait at least another month.

Can't find a DVD release date. Possibly Xmas.

Who's up for a trip to Holland then - and I always thought I'd visit Amsterdam for a different reason ;)
file_23.gif

But then again, the pirates will make such a trip unnecessary for most people.

When will the suits learn...

Back