• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Shadow Of The Storm: New Traveller Novel 2

Here's hoping it's of a much higher quality standard of writing, to provide joy to the hard core Traveller fans as well as the casual reader.

No one wants a repeat of 'Fate Of The Kinunir'. lol.

Having said that, 'Fate Of The Kinunir' is still good for a laugh or to see how not to write a Traveller novel.

Philip tells me Jan 15th is the new expected date.

It's completely out of my hands now though.

Martin, when I read your stories, I get the same little thrill I get when I read some of Pournelle or Drake's stuff. I like the way you expertly weave story and build tension at the same time -- very efficient and enjoyably readable. Re-readable. If that blurb is like the rest of the book, I will be a very happy customer.

This comment caused me to go back and read the whole manuscript over again.

It's good; I'm pleased with it.

MJD, thank you for writing a good Traveller book.

With the exception of the character motives already posted about, this was a good to great mil/scifi novel, and a darn great Traveller book.

Even though you are a good writer, having experienced the other book in this release I worried. I am glad you did a good job.

I have to ask, if possible, could we have stats for the Stormshadow please? I'd really like to see what this vessel looks like.

What happened with this and why isn't it available any longer?

I see links to it but there is no book order. And if it exists on Amazon its like hundreds of dollars or Pounds.

What happened with this and why isn't it available any longer?

I see links to it but there is no book order. And if it exists on Amazon its like hundreds of dollars or Pounds.

Here here. Did the book end up getting published? If so was it just one short print run?

It was published.

The Traveller novel line then ran into some kind of problems that I'm not completely aware of* and was withdrawn. There is, I believe, some kind of plan to republish SOTS. The details... I don't know. I'd suggest asking FFE direct since it's now in their hands.

*I do know a few things but it's not a fit topic for discussion here. None of it was anything to do with me - I presented a professional piece of work on the due date, it was accepted and published. What happened after that was no doing of mine.

Back