• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Ships’ services IYTU

Sounds reasonable. We're already moving into an era in which people are less and less inclined to leave their homes to get what they want. Seems like only a short step from getting your groceries and meals delivered to your door to getting your laundry picked up and returned clean to your door.
Umm, you may want to try googling "home laundry services near me".

Such services have been available for several centuries...

Sounds reasonable. We're already moving into an era in which people are less and less inclined to leave their homes to get what they want. Seems like only a short step from getting your groceries and meals delivered to your door to getting your laundry picked up and returned clean to your door.
When I was a kid (long time ago) we'd get milk and sometimes butter and eggs delivered to our door and the empty milk bottles from the day before picked up at the same time. Convenience has always been desired. It is usually the cost the prevents it.

I guess Amazon hasn't picked up that gauntlet, yet.
My mother uses a mixture of Amazon Fresh and Sainsbury’s online to get most of her shopping.

I use Coupang (Korean Amazon) to get fresh food on same day delivery.

Convenience has always been desired. It is usually the cost the prevents it.
I think we’re at the stage where cost is now low enough for transport that convenience is expected. Last night at around 1700hrs I ordered some saucisson sec from Coupang. It arrived at the front gate at 2200hrs.

I paid nothing for this 5hr delivery. The logistics costs are so negligible that Coupang treats delivery costs as a loss leader.

I think we’re at the stage where cost is now low enough for transport that convenience is expected. Last night at around 1700hrs I ordered some saucisson sec from Coupang. It arrived at the front gate at 2200hrs.

I paid nothing for this 5hr delivery. The logistics costs are so negligible that Coupang treats delivery costs as a loss leader.
Depends. Small, densely populated areas it can be viable. Not so in larger more thinly populated areas.

Depends. Small, densely populated areas it can be viable. Not so in larger more thinly populated areas.
I'd accept that, Korea is very densely populated (in Gyeonggi-do anyway). It also helps I live next to the DMZ, the soldiers up here demand good delivery services :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:.

I'd actually like to see what delivery is like in rural areas of very large countries like the US and Canada (who I'd say would be the near enough the same "Tech Level" as Korea).

I'd actually like to see what delivery is like in rural areas of very large countries like the US and Canada (who I'd say would be the near enough the same "Tech Level" as Korea).
VERY expensive. Even where I live which is not rural but not as densely populated as where you live, getting fast food or restaurant food delivery costs almost as much as the food being ordered. Getting large grocery orders isn't really expensive though. In actual rural areas it would cost even more.

VERY expensive. Even where I live which is not rural but not as densely populated as where you live, getting fast food or restaurant food delivery costs almost as much as the food being ordered. Getting large grocery orders isn't really expensive though. In actual rural areas it would cost even more.
Nice way to make some extra money though, and more popular than you'd expect given the price. There's some value in not having to make that 40-minute drive to a nice restaurant and back.

Back