• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Solo Adventure Playtest

Ekofisk

SOC-8
Hi.
I've written a solo adventure for CT set on Raschev during the Chamax invasion.
I was hoping to post it in the file library for playtest and comment but there seems to be some issue there.
Anyone interested let me know and I'll mail you a copy. The file is 982k pdf
Also, it would be great if someone could post it to the file library, assuming this is permitted.

Thanks

It is probably an issue with your being a new poster. I think there are restrictions for the first ten posts or so (to control the flood of spambots that register).

After a handful of posts, we are sure that you are not just here to introduce us to Russian mail order brides (which could be the seed for a Traveller adventure in and of itself). ;)

It is probably an issue with your being a new poster. I think there are restrictions for the first ten posts or so (to control the flood of spambots that register).

After a handful of posts, we are sure that you are not just here to introduce us to Russian mail order brides (which could be the seed for a Traveller adventure in and of itself). ;)
Thought it might be something like that.
нет проблем друг ;)

also size limits may be an issue: I've had to compress my PDFs often. Not sure what the upper size limit is, but I tend to write some big PDFs as they also have a lot of pictures.

also size limits may be an issue: I've had to compress my PDFs often. Not sure what the upper size limit is, but I tend to write some big PDFs as they also have a lot of pictures.
One of the ways to reduce the size of images is to use vector images instead of raster. the ones I'm most familiar with are .eps (encapsulated PostScript), .svg (scalable vector graphic), .ai (Adobe Illustrator), and .dxf (autocad digital exchange format), there are others...
Most good page layout programs can handle .eps. most recent ones can handle .svg as well, and the more expensive can handle either .ai, .dxf, or both.
Some word processors will rasterize the vector formats - this is a misbehavior, technically...

One of the ways to reduce the size of images is to use vector images instead of raster. the ones I'm most familiar with are .eps (encapsulated PostScript), .svg (scalable vector graphic), .ai (Adobe Illustrator), and .dxf (autocad digital exchange format), there are others...
Most good page layout programs can handle .eps. most recent ones can handle .svg as well, and the more expensive can handle either .ai, .dxf, or both.
Some word processors will rasterize the vector formats - this is a misbehavior, technically...
true, but I just copy/paste a lot :) I could fire up GIMP I think to translate/resize the images, but it is simpler for me to find a PDF size reducer and just do that. And I've noticed the Microsoft (like Apple's Filemaker) makes really inefficient and large PDFs. I've a few PDF reader/writers/printer drivers so that can also make a difference in the resulting size.

But - finding an online reducer takes a few seconds and, if I tweak the defaults, can get the PDFs to fit and takes a lot less time. And time for me is the most valuable thing.

Sadly, disk space is not an issue so no one worries about things like that much (the first PC we got at the office had a 20MB hard drive - I thought we'd never fill that up! Yes, 20 MB....times have changed!)

Thank you for your interest. I'd love to hear feedback.
It's now in the file library here.
Also here:
Thank you for this. I like what you've done here. I love Chamax, and I love solo games. It has a feel like "Across the Bright Face" another of my favorite Traveller adventures. I'll try some gameplay and then provide more feedback when I'm able. All the best - Greg

One thing I was wondering about: the module would benefit from copying two tables from Chamax Plague; specifically the CHARACTERISTICS table and the ACID DAMAGE TO AIR/RAFTS table. I decided not to include these because I'm unsure what constitutes fair use and I didn't want to bother Marc Miller with this.

Does anyone have a feel for what's acceptable here?

One thing I was wondering about: the module would benefit from copying two tables from Chamax Plague; specifically the CHARACTERISTICS table and the ACID DAMAGE TO AIR/RAFTS table. I decided not to include these because I'm unsure what constitutes fair use and I didn't want to bother Marc Miller with this.

Does anyone have a feel for what's acceptable here?
you aren't selling this, so its fair use. put a note in the doc that those charts come from the source material.

Back