• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Stagnation of the Wiki

77topaz

SOC-14 1K
The Wiki on this site appears to have stagnated: the amount of articles seems to be very low (I can't find stats anywhere), and there appear to have been no edits to any of the main pages since late 2007.
I would suggest, if I may, that the TravellerRPG wiki should either become a mirror of the active traveller.wikia.com wiki, or be removed altogether (it's not helping people much in its current state).
What do you think?

23 edits on the site since this past April 29th (2012)....
I think the site is still active.

The local wiki basically died from loss of user interest to the other wiki once it got approval, as it already had a lead on material input.

The Wiki on this site appears to have stagnated: the amount of articles seems to be very low (I can't find stats anywhere), and there appear to have been no edits to any of the main pages since late 2007.
I would suggest, if I may, that the TravellerRPG wiki should either become a mirror of the active traveller.wikia.com wiki, or be removed altogether (it's not helping people much in its current state).
What do you think?

The primary one seems to be doing well now.

http://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Main_Page

Shalom
M.

I detect no stagnation of wiki.travellerrpg.com at all. I both contribute write-ups and reference the Wiki as a Referee.

I do not oppose copy-pasta between the two wikis either. More information is better than giving one source the ax.

It is better to think that creativity from each contributor will come in waves. Patience is then key. Those contributors will come back around as a pendulum swings back from 'stagnation'.

I do not advocate one Wiki over another. If the information is usable to the Referee or the Referee's players, then it is a valuable resource.

Via Urzaeng Courier from Gzaefueg Sector, this is the Pakkrat.

Last edited:
What do you think?

Why so eager to kill off something that you apparently do not use yourself?

I've found the Library Data in Traveller Wiki of mixed useability since much of it is dated into the TNE timeline and I have no interest in that.

But as a campaign resource I found it solid gold when tjoneslo set me up with my own sub-wiki for SBRD; I assume this would be available for any serious PbP campaign upon request. That was in 2013-14 and I wrote a LOT of new material for anyone wishing to run a campaign in the Long Night Reavers' Deep setting.

I would certainly continue to use the SBRD sub-wiki if I were to resume that campaign (it was an essential resource for communicating setting info to the players), and would request a new sub-wiki if beginning a new PbP campaign on CotI.

Primary reason the wiki here remains is because Mac wants the official wiki here. The one on wikia is not official.

LOL! :rofl: I just now saw the original post date. Had not realized the extreme degree of necromancy happening. :frankie:

For the next necromancer, there used to be two Traveller wikis. One here at the CotI site, and a second at wikia. In 2014, the wikia wiki was moved here at the direction of Marc and FFE.

Back