• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Star Trek Hand Phaser conversion

To a certain extent (yes I _AM_ qualifying this), the Original Series was more "kick-a$$" than any of the other series. Even Rent-A-Prize (Enterprise for those who don't appreciate (
) minimal alliteration). At least it had Kirk, and a sword fight (with REALLY fake-looking swords) in one episode (which slips my mind).

The Next Generation at least had Tasha Yar, even though they went and stupidly killed her off in the second (?) season :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: .

I know, its horrifying to consider crossing Trek into the Traveller universe, but it'll throw my players for a loop:)

So, any suggestions on how to convert the 16 power settings of stun, disrupt and disintegrating damage to D20/T20 terms?
Stun is easy, you fire a dart, that runs an electric current through the target's body, stunning him. This can also be achieved with sonic weapons.

A laser can disrupt by burning a hole through the body.

To disintergrate, you need a powerful laser capable of ionizing all the atoms in the target's body for complete disintergration. The laser would have to scan back and forth, from top to bottom to make sure every squared cm is disintergrated.

I am quite familiar with the FASA, LUG and Decipher Trek rules, as well as a Hero 5th edition versions and a D20 version (based on T20 rules at http://trekrpg.info/home.php4 )... however, I wanted some fresh ideas from the active minds of our forum.

Opinions?

For that matter, what of antimatter weaponry (i.e. photon and quantum torpedos) in this Traveller universe. TL18?

Well, for stun settings, the stun setting is the number of MT Damage points; stun damage heals at 1 per minute.

Wound/disintigrate/etc: Subtract the highest stun setting (too lazy to look it up now) from the setting number, and do that much real damage in damage points.

Converting this to CT/T4: replace MT damage points with CT/T4 dice of damage.

Also, note that GPD does not use the standard Trek weapon conventions completely.

(De-Lurk)

Dogtag of Shielding v3.1415
This wonderfull NEW device from Fobazz advanced technical advisories helps you when naught else will.
It stops those stray slugs and anomalous energies thrown your way.
It will even stop a PLASMA cannon... Available now for only 30MC...See your local retailer...

Disclaimer
Most weapons have not been tested with the Dogtag of Shielding v3.1415
please use at your own risk.

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">Game stats: Prevents up to 100 points of Magic Missile Damage
or
20 points of other damage, then falls apart useless.</pre>[/QUOTE](Re-Lurk)

Back