• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Stellar Reaches #4 now available...

Personally, I think Flynn's mad not to charge for this - it's a well-produced, professional-standard fanzine that could easily go for at least 5-10 dollars on DTRPG. Or maybe Avenger might even be interested in publishing it?

This fanzine reminds me of the good old days of the Journal..lots of excellent and useful information. You done good, Flynn

Allen

Originally posted by Malenfant:
Personally, I think Flynn's mad not to charge for this - it's a well-produced, professional-standard fanzine that could easily go for at least 5-10 dollars on DTRPG. Or maybe Avenger might even be interested in publishing it?
IIRC the licence prevents him from charging. Things get complicated once money is involved.

Ah, that'd probably explain it then. Still, my comments about its quality stand

Perhaps if there was a VOLUNTARY contribution? Would that work. I do mean voluntary. If someone wanted to send a check along as a way of saying thanks and keep up the good work, we could do that right? Maybe a PM is in order?

Thanks, guys! I really enjoy the feedback you all provide; that's the only payment I am allowed to receive for this work according to the Fair-Use Policy under which I publish Stellar Reaches.

I have had a number of donations of copies of OOP Challenge articles for Hinterworld-related articles, which is also permitted by the FFE Fair-Use Policy, and in some ways, I consider that payment as well.

The Fair-Use Policy does preclude me from making any sort of monetary profit from the fanzine.

However, birthday and Holiday gifts are always appreciated, even if they are very, very early. ;)

Seriously, though, thank you all for voicing your support of the fanzine. That kind of feedback is what encourages me to continue.

Now, at some point this summer, I'm going to try selling a few D20 Modern/Future type PDF supplements, including a few One Shot adventures that can easily be ported back into a Traveller game. I don't have a Traveller product license, so I can't make an official Traveller product and charge for it. The One Shots are too short to be considered worthwhile for Avenger, so I'm going to go the generic D20 Future route and make them easy to translate for you guys.

If you like Stellar Reaches, I'll be putting the same effort into the professionalism of the Sci-Fi One Shot products, and a few purchases of those would be a legitimate means of displaying appreciation. ;)

Take Care,
Flynn

For Stellar Reaches #5 and for the Special Supplement, we could always use cover art.

For the Special Supplement, I'd love to see a ship that looks put together piecemeal from spare parts as the cover art, to celebrate 1248. Barring that, something appropriate to the Hinterworlds.

For SR #5, I'd like to see something involving a planet's surface, or a planet as seen from space. Basically, I want something that captures the World aspect of the game for flavor purposes.

For both, I am looking for patron encounters, mercenary tickets, amber zones, adventures and other cool articles that would appeal to the general Traveller fanbase. If you have an idea, give it a shot! You may just make it in!

For the Special Supplement, I'd love to see some character write-ups for people that could be encountered frequently in a 1248 environment. Also, if anyone wants to write up an adventure for the ringworld located in the Hinterworlds sector, I'd love to see it. ;)

Thanks, All,
Flynn

Back