• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Stellar Reaches - Issue #8 Now Online...

Flynn, I hope you run Traveller *again* at GenCon! I was unable to sign up for the games cause they sold out FAST last year :)

Mike

When I was attending Cons in the 1980s, of the 5 Traveller tournaments I played in, I was only registered for 2... the other 3 I hung around, and eventually someone failed to show for a session, and I filled the slot.

Give it a try, you might be surprised.

Invariably, the friday night games always come up short on players. It's a gamble the rest of the time, but I tend to only get one game per Gen Con where all the players that registered show up. The rest of the time, it's all about having the generics.

Also, the rules for GMs now state that we only have to wait for 10 minutes after the game is supposed to start before we can start taking generics in the event of no-shows, so the moral of this story is: be on time.

While there's still a minor question about finances and such, I'm still planning on attending Gen Con this year, and I definitely will be running some Traveller scenarios there. Look for me on the schedule. :)

With Regards,
Flynn

Jason, have you perhaps written an article summarizing your lessons learned regarding GMing Traveller at Gen Con (or cons in general)?

I had posted something here on COTI many moons ago, but I think it would be good to do something like that for Issue #9. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

With Regards,
Flynn

I had posted something here on COTI many moons ago, but I think it would be good to do something like that for Issue #9. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

With Regards,
Flynn

When I found out you'd been running games at cons for years, I realized you have potentially valuable experience that most of us will never have. And a rare perspective.

Also, taking the mystery out of it could build up the courage of some of our better referees to take the game to the con. You know, encouragement and edification, etc.

Back