• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

T20 Only: T20 Traveller's Handbook 2002 3rd printing p. 373 Step 7 Minimum Orbit

snrdg082102

SOC-14 1K
Morning PDT all,

My apologies for asking since I have little doubt that somewhere here is the answer to my question unfortunately my search criteria seems not to be up to the task.

[FONT=arial,helvetica]In [/FONT]T20 Traveller's Handbook 2002 3rd printing [FONT=arial,helvetica]Chapter 16 Universe/World Development [/FONT]p. 373 Step 7 Minimum Orbit Table lists the star size's of white dwarf, main sequence, giant, and super giant with the minimum orbits for spectral classes B, A, F, G, K, and M.

What are the minimum orbits for a red dwarf?

On the Habitable Zone Table the red dwarf and the main sequence stars use the same die roll modifiers.

Would red dwarfs use the same minimum orbits as main sequence stars?

Morning PDT all,

My apologies for asking since I have little doubt that somewhere here is the answer to my question unfortunately my search criteria seems not to be up to the task.

[FONT=arial,helvetica]In [/FONT]T20 Traveller's Handbook 2002 3rd printing [FONT=arial,helvetica]Chapter 16 Universe/World Development [/FONT]p. 373 Step 7 Minimum Orbit Table lists the star size's of white dwarf, main sequence, giant, and super giant with the minimum orbits for spectral classes B, A, F, G, K, and M.

On the Habitable Zone Table the red dwarf and the main sequence stars use the same die roll modifiers.

Red Dwarfs are Main Sequence Stars, so yes.

Morning PDT all,

A red dwarf is a M_ V so look at the class M size V.

Hello whulorigan and aramis,

Red Dwarfs are Main Sequence Stars, so yes.

Thank you for confirming that the red dwarf would have the same minimum orbit as a main sequence. Now all I have to do is figure out the Habitable Zone rules and table for white and red dwarfs.

A red dwarf is a M_ V so look at the class M size V.

Thank you for the reply and my apologies for not being clear.

The T20 Handbook 1st ed. 3rd printing Minimum Orbit Table and Habitable Zone Table do not use the star size codes the tables use the descriptors column from the Star Size Table on p. 372.

On the Habitable Zone Table p. 374 the Star Size column list main sequence or red dwarf. The Minimum Orbit Table p. 373 in the Star Size column does not have a listing for red dwarf.

My apologies for including two post, I originally replied to whulorigan in a post earlier today and it is not here using Firefox. Firefox apparently did not post the reply.

Back