• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

T5 Ref's Screen?

Will there be a T5 Referee's Screen anytime soon? I'm using my Mongoose one but I'd rather have a T5 one.

More books are in the works, right? I searched Kickstarter and cannot find anymore funding requests. Are they not doing the KS thing anymore? Does anyone know?

And, of course, will there be Major Races in the Player's Guide? It seems to me so far that the "Core Rulebook" is more like an updated (and extremely well-done) Fire, Fusion, and Steel. I've seen complaints on the web that w/o other Traveller materials, it would be "unplayable."

It's not unplayable to me, but I'm having a hard time disagreeing with that assessment b/c of the lack of background info. I want to tell those people off and say "You're just not smart enough!!" but I don't have any ammo to back up my position yet... I am still reading, though.

Despite the lack of already-created official content in the CR, though, I must say that this is otherwise the BEST and most powerfully well-structured rpg I have ever seen. I think most of the wining I'm hearing is coming from people who are used to just picking a challenge out of a book and putting it in front of their PC's. Such people would have a hard time simply playing 1st edition DnD, which had a monster creation system in it.... d20 has already pre-made traps like a catalogue in the Dm's guide, something I was not used to. A GM should make up their own traps, yeah?

Anyway, if anyone can help me with where I can sign up to support the next books coming, I'd appreciate it....

Thanks
Courtney

Marc has been out for personal reasons. His focus at the moment is dealing with the errata pile, because even the simplest of supporting materials requires a well understood foundation.

I'll just copy your whole post and forward it to him. ;)

By a weird coincidence I was thinking about the same thing this morning. On the RPG.net forum there was a post about a product called the "World's Greatest GM Screen" which allows you to make your own GM screens and I was wondering about what should go onto it for T5.

Given that there are typically four letter-size panels on the Referee's side I'd include a number of tables for personal combat (a mix from p210, 218, and 220 ... maybe 227 and some others). A UWP quick reference. And some of the benchmarks (p36, 47, and 52-55). That would pretty much fill up the available space ... leaving no room for space combat. Maybe there should be a second screen for that?

Back