• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

The Domains of the Archdukes

First off, thanks to all of you who have been answering my huge list of questions. Additional thanks to those of you who have contributed to all the varied threads floating around this place. The Traveller Universe has become much clearer to this old Aslan because of you.

now that I've buttered you up, I know of a couple of Domains and their Archdukes. Dulinor/ Ilelish, Norris/ Deneb, Brzk/Antares, Ishuggi/Vland. I know someone appointed himself Archduke of Sol, and that there is an official Gateway Domain (though who would be Archduke by the eve of the Rebellion could change).

Are their any other Domains? Who are thier leaders? And is Core part of a Domian (Sylea?)

Thanks

First off, thanks to all of you who have been answering my huge list of questions. Additional thanks to those of you who have contributed to all the varied threads floating around this place. The Traveller Universe has become much clearer to this old Aslan because of you.

now that I've buttered you up, I know of a couple of Domains and their Archdukes. Dulinor/ Ilelish, Norris/ Deneb, Brzk/Antares, Ishuggi/Vland. I know someone appointed himself Archduke of Sol, and that there is an official Gateway Domain (though who would be Archduke by the eve of the Rebellion could change).

Are their any other Domains? Who are thier leaders? And is Core part of a Domian (Sylea?)

Thanks

Thanks

By Imperial tradition, Core is a part of the Domain of Sylea, and the Emperor is the Archduke, IIRC.

Hope that helps,
Flynn

By Imperial tradition, Core is a part of the Domain of Sylea, and the Emperor is the Archduke, IIRC.

Hope that helps,
Flynn

Hope that helps,
Flynn

The canonical Archdukes of Gateway and Sol were Tranian and Adair, respectively. Norris was the self-appointed Archduke. Well, Lucan was self-appointed too, in a sense.

Adair notionally supported Lucan, but was too busy fighting the Solomani to provide much actual support to him.

Tranian was Lucan's biggest supporter. He seems to have been motivated by honour, duty and all the other things Lucan didn't exhibit.

The canonical Archdukes of Gateway and Sol were Tranian and Adair, respectively. Norris was the self-appointed Archduke. Well, Lucan was self-appointed too, in a sense.

Adair notionally supported Lucan, but was too busy fighting the Solomani to provide much actual support to him.

Tranian was Lucan's biggest supporter. He seems to have been motivated by honour, duty and all the other things Lucan didn't exhibit.

I think Craig in Daibei is another, but I could very well be wrong.

Adair in Sol did not appoint himself. Norris in Deneb is the self-appointee you're confusing him with.

Have fun,
Bill

Adair in Sol did not appoint himself. Norris in Deneb is the self-appointee you're confusing him with.

Have fun,
Bill

Have fun,
Bill

Just for completeness, the canonical list of Domains, as published in the MT Ref Manual, are:
- Deneb
- Vland
- Antares
- Sylea
- Gateway
- Ilelish
- Sol

The Empty Quarter, Hinterworlds, Magyar, and Verge sectors are not within any established Domains.

The Archdukes are all covered above.

Just for completeness, the canonical list of Domains, as published in the MT Ref Manual, are:
- Deneb
- Vland
- Antares
- Sylea
- Gateway
- Ilelish
- Sol

The Empty Quarter, Hinterworlds, Magyar, and Verge sectors are not within any established Domains.

- Deneb
- Vland
- Antares
- Sylea
- Gateway
- Ilelish
- Sol

Originally posted by Bill Cameron:
Actually, according to either the Referee's Manual or the Imperial Encyclopedia, Daibei and Reaver's deep were part of Dulinor's Domain. I believe that's why there is some early fighting between the two followed by a seperate peace that reflects the travelling distance between Daibei and Ilelish. This is why I'm starting to speculate that Craig may have been one of those disgruntled sector dukes who was upset at the rempowerment of the Archdukes. At the very least he didn't hesitate to reassert the power he had had before Strepheron's 'reforms.'

Actually, according to either the Referee's Manual or the Imperial Encyclopedia, Daibei and Reaver's deep were part of Dulinor's Domain. I believe that's why there is some early fighting between the two followed by a seperate peace that reflects the travelling distance between Daibei and Ilelish. This is why I'm starting to speculate that Craig may have been one of those disgruntled sector dukes who was upset at the rempowerment of the Archdukes. At the very least he didn't hesitate to reassert the power he had had before Strepheron's 'reforms.'

Only two of the Rebellion powers were actual Archdukes: Brzk and Norris. (And Norris' was based on a forgery.)

Craig and Margaret were "only" Dukes. Craig was under the Domain of Ilelish, and Margaret under Sylea.

Only two of the Rebellion powers were actual Archdukes: Brzk and Norris. (And Norris' was based on a forgery.)

Craig and Margaret were "only" Dukes. Craig was under the Domain of Ilelish, and Margaret under Sylea.

Back