• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

TiddlyWiki for Traveller

Yeah, it’s not as fast as I’d like, which is the consequence of two things: it’s running in JavaScript in the browser; and the subsector drawing is pretty tough on TiddlyWiki. There’s also an issue that opening or closing any tiddler forces a reevaluation of any open tiddlers, so if any of those are subsectors it will rerender them, which is slow. I’ve been trying to work out if it’s possible to materialise the rendered map to avoid a reevaluation.

I'd been toying with the idea of using TiddlyWiki in the Sky (for Dropbox) to provide access to players in my game, Tiddlywiki isn't great for multi-user stuff, but there are plugins I'm looking at to try to figure out if its feasible. Ideally, there would be a comment section for each Tiddler, so that "members of the ship's crew" can leave their comments on the Library Data program ("Menorb: one star, one bar and it was awful," etc.) This was a feature on a previous paid-for online wiki I'd used for a previous campaign (when the campaign ended I let my subscription lapse).

I'm playing around with this currently, but this looks perfect. I'm currently using a TW called Memory Keeper for campaign notes for a modern conspiracy campaign (works fantastic for that), but Traveller has different needs and I was happy to come across this in a Google search!

Back