• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

TNE Canon material question

Originally posted by Larsen E. Whipsnade:
Please believe me, this isn't about TNE being 'bad', as in it being a 'bad' RPG setting or a 'bad' RPG system. TNE is none of those things. This is about TNE being dead on its feet and no one bothering to bury the corpse so that Traveller could move on.

The king is dead, long live the king!

TNE is dead, long live Traveller!

Sincerely,
Larsen
I too misinterpreted your initial post. Fortunately matters have since been cleared up.

Although TNE is dead, by your definition, what is 1248 going to be called? I think I was calling it The New New Era for a bit. ;) I believe that Martin mentioned that there were prematurely proclaimed New Eras and that 1248 was the beginning of the true New Era. If that's the case, is 1202 the FNE (False New Era) and 1248 is the TNE (True New Era)? By that argument TNE would still be alive and not dead. But it would also be confusing. Is it just "Milieu 1248"? It can't just be called "T20" because T20 is delivering on a promise that T4 couldn't keep: being a successful rule set for multiple Traveller milieus.

Maybe I'm the only one who's confused about what it should be called.
I'll stop now.

Originally posted by DED:
Maybe I'm the only one who's confused about what it should be called.
I'll stop now. [/QB]
I think it's just going to be TNE:1248. Though IIRC there was mention of 'Bearers of the Flame' as a subtitle?

The book is 'Bearers of the Flame', The setting is just TNE - what was often called the New Era was in fact the Recovery Period (1200 ish).

I am interested in where most of the action in 1248 is going to take place. Are you going to take us on the grand tour of the wastes of Chartered Space or focus on just a couple areas of space (leaving giant gaping black holes in the Wilds).

Back