• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Traveller Core Rulebook Update 2022 - eBook & Pre-Order

MongooseMatt

Administrator
Administrator
Mongoose
The fully revised, updated and reformatted Traveller Core Rulebook Update 2022 is here! This is your gateway to the best Traveller campaigns, with an all new look!

You can snatch your own copy right here: https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/traveller-core-rulebook-update-2022.html

While North American Travellers can find theirs here: https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/us/traveller-core-rulebook-update-2022.html

travcore2022_2.jpg

In addition, we have a gorgeous looking Collector's Edition, limited to just 300 copies.

You can snag a copy of the Traveller Core Rulebook Update 2022 Collector's Edition (with free PDF!) here: https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/traveller-core-rulebook-update-2022-collectors-edition.html

And North American collectors will find theirs here: https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/us/traveller-core-rulebook-update-2022-collectors-edition.html

Traveller is a science fiction roleplaying game of bold explorers and brave adventurers. The Traveller Core Rulebook Update 2022 contains everything you need to create one of these adventures and begin exploring the galaxy.

Spaceports, ancient civilisations, air/rafts, cold steel blades, laser carbines, far distant worlds, and exotic alien beasts – this is the futuristic universe of Traveller, the original and classic science fiction roleplaying game.

Come visit the far future.

The Traveller Core Rulebook Update 2022 has been fully revised for this edition and contains many tweaks and rules updates, as well as a brand new, highest quality interior format with lashings of top tier art to immerse you in the far future.

Hello,

Can we get a summary of the "many tweaks and rules updates", or be pointed to somewhere where that information can be found?

Hello,

Can we get a summary of the "many tweaks and rules updates", or be pointed to somewhere where that information can be found?
there are some comments on DriveThru but nothing official last time I checked as to what has changed.

Well, I picked an unfortunate time to have bought a hardcopy of 2nd Ed. from my semi-local game store didn't I? LOL

So, this is now Mongoose Traveller 3e? Or more of a 2.5?
Disclaimer, I haven’t seen it yet - going off the Mongoose Publishing forum discussion.

Seems there’s updated deckplans in top-down 2D rather than the 3D isometric style of the last iteration (a big improvement and the teaser looks really good IMO), new art (also much better if the other recent MgT releases are any indication), the addition of ship construction rules and some rules tweaks and clarifications.

Mongoose has been trying to respect and stay true to T5 while offering a simpler, more rules-light system that encourages referee choice and freedom. So maybe this is more like MgT 2dot1.

It's Mongoose Traveller 2022.
Still doesn't answer the question. So, let me try this again ...

So, this is now the third edition of Mongoose Traveller? In other words, it is a full-on new edition from Mongoose, not just a new printing of MgT 2e?

Still doesn't answer the question. So, let me try this again ...

So, this is now the third edition of Mongoose Traveller? In other words, it is a full-on new edition from Mongoose, not just a new printing of MgT 2e?

It appears to be MgT 2e with a few rule updates, tweaks , and errata-fixes. Basically, MgT 2.1e.

I have of course bought this - it is a 2.1 or 2.5 call it what you will. The new layout is a big improvement, rules are clarified but essentially the same. The artwork is stunning, no more bucket head battledress :)
One big addition is all the rules you need to actually construct ACS, and the deckplans being 2d and actually usable has already been mentioned.

I have of course bought this - it is a 2.1 or 2.5 call it what you will. The new layout is a big improvement, rules are clarified but essentially the same. The artwork is stunning, no more bucket head battledress :)
One big addition is all the rules you need to actually construct ACS, and the deckplans being 2d and actually usable has already been mentioned.
that would be a .1 improvement; .5 is significant changes.

Back