• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Travellers Aide #7 problem

Originally posted by Theophilus:
How do I rename it to a .pdf file.
I'm assuming you're using Windows.

To make renaming easier, you need to be able to see the extensions. This can be done via Folder Options under Tools in an Windows Explorer window.

To rename the file, right click on it and select Rename from the pop-up menu. This will allow you to then delete the .pl extension. When you do that, then the icon should change to a WinZip one. You can then have a go at extracting the PDF from the zip file.

The reason you are seeing gibberish in Word is because both zip and pdf files are binary files formats and aren't in a human readable form.

- Neil.

Finally Got It. Thank you to all those who helped.

The problem appears to be the browser. Netscape 7.0 barfed the download five times. On both the Screen and Print version. When I changed (forgive me) to {the dreaded evil) Explorer 5.0 it worked just fine.

Again thank you for all the help, this is one cool product, I haven't been this excited since I bought that little green and black book, back in 198? (one I think)

Back