• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Trying to get a handle on new layout/rules

SpaceBadger

SOC-14 1K
Knight
As stated in thread title, I'm trying to get learn about the new CotI layout and rules. I've poked about some and found a few answers, but these things still elude me. I hope this will help some others as well.

1. I've generally supported the board through some level or another of giving, from Count when I was flush to Peer or Knight when on harder times. Besides the badge next to one's name, and satisfaction of supporting the board, there were two primary benefits that I knew of: access to The Moot and a couple special forums therein; and larger capacity mailboxes so as not to clean stuff out so often.

Under the new design, I've yet to find my access to either of these last two perks. Can't find the Moot or secret forums, can't even find my mailbox at all to send or receive PMs. Maybe this redesign looks all nice and smooth (and it does!), but I never needed any hand-holding to get to those basic functions in the old design!!

Help?!?

Chuck aka SpaceBadger
email spacebadger08@gmail.com

Thought of another perk of paid mobility that I rather enjoyed: the Traveller's Blogs. I wrote quite a bit in mine, and even if this feature is being discontinued and no one else is interested in my meanderings, I would still appreciate the opportunity to download them myself to an archive. it is a lot of stuff that I wrote on a variety of topics (mostly touching at least tangentially on Traveller!) over a period of about five years, and I'd just hate to lose all that (especially with my brain injury, in which lost really means lost!)!

As stated in thread title, I'm trying to get learn about the new CotI layout and rules. I've poked about some and found a few answers, but these things still elude me. I hope this will help some others as well.

1. ... The Moot and a couple special forums therein; and
2. ... larger capacity mailboxes so as not to clean stuff out so often.

Under the new design, I've yet to find my access to either of these last two perks. Can't find the Moot or secret forums, can't even find my mailbox at all to send or receive PMs. Maybe this redesign looks all nice and smooth (and it does!), but I never needed any hand-holding to get to those basic functions in the old design!!

Help?!?

Chuck aka SpaceBadger
email spacebadger08@gmail.com

1) The Moot and its sub-forums are still there. Click the forums tab and scroll down close to the bottom; it should be there (I can see them on my account). If you can't see them maybe your moot-subscription expired, or there was a hick-up in the transfer that you should contact TJonesLo about - he should be able to fix it.

2) Mailboxes.
a) Visitor Messages. Along the top bar click on your username and choose "Account Details". On the left-hand side under "Your Account" click on "Your Profile". This takes you to a page whose default tab should contain all of your old Visitor Messages (now called "Profile Posts").​
b) Private Messages. Along the top bar next to your username there is a small envelope icon that when you hover over it is called "Conversations". Click it and choose "Show All", and this will take you to your old Private Messages (now called "Conversations").​

3) I think TJonesLo is still working with tech-support to get the blogs transferred over.

Last edited:
Thought of another perk of paid mobility that I rather enjoyed: the Traveller's Blogs. I wrote quite a bit in mine, and even if this feature is being discontinued and no one else is interested in my meanderings, I would still appreciate the opportunity to download them myself to an archive. it is a lot of stuff that I wrote on a variety of topics (mostly touching at least tangentially on Traveller!) over a period of about five years, and I'd just hate to lose all that (especially with my brain injury, in which lost really means lost!)!
Good to see you again.

Back