• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Using Excel for Traveller?

I use excel for most things but my efforts PALE in comparison to this fine file:

http://www.travellerrpg.com/CotI/Discuss/showthread.php?t=34361

Nervous Dick put this together for his Drinax campaign so it defaults to Trojan/Spin/Corr/Reft sectors but can be easily adapted.

I've hacked it for the Gateway Domain (Milieu 990) and some Rebellion era stuff. It is without a doubt the very most-awesomest-greatest excel tool ever.

Essentially, it imports J1-2-6 maps for the selected world along with all UWP values and descriptors. It then has an entry tab that allows you to put Library Data, Hooks, Patrons and other things into the entries for each world. It draws data directly from TravellerMap.com for images and linking.

Specifically for the Drinax campaign, it allows you to track Attitude scores across the factions and for the specific ports. I've managed to hack that for a Glimmerdrift setting fairly easily.

The creator is also very, very kind in providing assistance! We exchanged a number of emails as he walked me through my excel fumbling. Self-taught, I am, so not very skilled at it. If I can figure it out, anyone can.

I am so glad that you are finding it useful! And I am more than happy to help people with it or try to implement any changes/features anyone might have. :)

Development

Though I have not yet opened it, being on location and away from the office, I would like to do the same for Knoellighz Sector where I am on assignment. Placing Patrons, VIPs, CEOs of corporations, administrators of worlds and all they have to offer seems like an excellent modality to put together all my previous work in Knoellighz in a single document.

Color this field correspondent interested.

Via satellite, this is the Pakkrat for Net-7 News.

Though I have not yet opened it, being on location and away from the office, I would like to do the same for Knoellighz Sector where I am on assignment. Placing Patrons, VIPs, CEOs of corporations, administrators of worlds and all they have to offer seems like an excellent modality to put together all my previous work in Knoellighz in a single document.

Color this field correspondent interested.

Via satellite, this is the Pakkrat for Net-7 News.

The tricky part is getting the sector data into the spreadsheet as I never got around to automating or making that part user-friendly. Once you take a look at the sheet let me know what questions you have.

In the meantime I will re-visit it (I haven't looked at it from a development standpoint in many months) and will see what I can do to make it easier to use.

I believe I have a rough document with instructions cobbled together between Dick's emails and my lessons learned. Let me know I can dig for it. I tried to record several of the things I did since I knew I would be using it more and for different projects.

I believe I have a rough document with instructions cobbled together between Dick's emails and my lessons learned. Let me know I can dig for it. I tried to record several of the things I did since I knew I would be using it more and for different projects.

If you can send me what you have it would be very helpful! I will try to automate parts of it and document it all.

I think it's on my homePC which is currently packed for moving. I'll check after the first of the month.

Back