• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Vaporware?

Well, we finished up our Honor Harrington universe adventure. We stared down a Peep Heavy Cruiser and foiled a State Security plot to foment insurrection. The end result was that planet Artesia is signing an alliance agreement with Manticore and stays out of PRH hands.

And all this was accomplished by using GURPS 4th edition and the Honorpedia materials available on the web.

We certainly would have bought the T20 product if it had been available. What gives?

Hunter has been dealing with other non-T20 issues, as he explains on the front page of the website. I'm certain that it will come to pass, but there are some things that are more important, I think...

No worries, it'll come to pass.

More later,
Flynn

No worries, it'll come to pass.
I am definately glad to hear that...and I do have complete sympathy for Hunter. My biggest concern is how long this has been in the works and how many (to my perception at least) good windows of opportunity for releasing such a game have come and gone. The longer it sits with apparently no progress whatsoever the more likely buyers loose faith and (possibly) the more likely it is to never see the light of day due to poor sales predictions.

Yes, there have been windows but remember this is a very shoestring operation. Hunter & co., I am sure are going to coordinating any future release with BAEN and the good author himself to yield max exposure. Having said that remember how many in the larger Honorverse know about the RPG and how many care? Those that actively care, there may be a danger of loosing them them. Those that moderately care will hang on. In the meantime, hopefully the game will generate so much hype that the whole issue becomes moot anyhow.

Ad Astra has released SITS. The game is a tactical space combat game set in the HH universe. It is a 3D game and actually works well. I hop'd over here to see if the RPG had shown any activity. So I guess I will be making a homebrew using the HeroSystem (the system I am most familiar with). It's a shame they bit off more than they could chew and have relegated HH to purgatory until the license runs out and someone else picks up the line.

Hunter probably did bite off more than he could chew. Sadly events out of his control have made it even worse. But, I fear as the posts here have indicated, QLI will probably not recover as a business venue at this state. Who but us remember it's still here? :(

Incidentally, Ad Astra now has the rights for a (non-d20; they can't make a d20 version) Honor Harrington RPG. Not sure how well it will go, Ken has ambitions of making an actual RPG as well as a setting book.

I had some vaporware with me a moment ago, but it evaporated!

Back