• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Vote to eliminate the Star Vikings

Guild: Yes. The old TNE novels showed there . And will someone please publish the third novel?!?

Bravo, Hip Hip Hurray, Pretty Please with Sugar on top. I Agree, here's my money.

PS> someone on Ebays was selling a Traveller novel published by cargonaught press, anybody ever heard of this Novel?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kafka47:
What happens to dispense with the Hivers? Or are they the real masters of the Fourth Imperium?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've heard speculation (possibly drawn from close reading of H&I -- Lord knows I couldn't bring myself to read it closely!) that the Hivers are due for a rude awakening when their various subject races (Ithklur, RC
smile.gif
etc.) rise up and throw off the yoke of Hiver domination. Presumably this was intended to occur right around the same time as the RC is able to become technologically self-sufficient.

Whether this was truly intended or just idle fan-conspiracy speculation, and whether it's intended in MJD's future timeline either way, I don't pretend to know.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rtartis:
PS> someone on Ebays was selling a Traveller novel published by cargonaught press, anybody ever heard of this Novel?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That someone is presumably "Timmon" = J. Paul Sanders = Cargonaut Press. He acquired the rights to several written-but-never-published Traveller products (most notably the Keith Brothers' 'lost supplements') and has published them himself under the 'Cargonaut Press' imprint. I remember a while ago he was selling a Traveller novel that had been intended for publication by FASA before they dropped their Traveller line and I'd assume (without actually checking the current listing) that's the same book he's selling now. Either way, I haven't bought/read it and can't comment on its quality.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

And will someone please publish the third novel?!?

PS> someone on Ebays was selling a Traveller novel published by cargonaught press, anybody ever heard of this Novel?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's right Paul is Timmon and that is Cargonaught Press. Sadly, this is not the third novel (which I believe Swordy owns the manuscript to, as it was on ebay, a few years back). I have read this novel, as I bought it a few bids before this one was listed.

Paul is a really great guy and Cargonaught is really shoestring operation (which has a great treasure trove with the Lost Supplements...if you can get your hands on them) and a love child. As an amateur Traveller publisher, I think he ought to be supported.

What would the rights be like to the third novel? Did GDW agree to purchase it or did copyright still stay with the author, and now Swordy?

But, I am really looking forward if there is paper version of From the Ashes by our own MJD.

Back