• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

What is your prefered style of play?

What is your prefered style of play?

• Total voters
I ran a particularly dangerous adventure over a weekend, with four different firefights (including one *very* substantial one - dontcha just love PCs that don't know the meaning of 'diplomacy'....). The combat classed characters and NPCs dominated the efforts with the rest diving for cover, and anything heavier than a handgun caused some nasty damage. Two Gauss rifle bursts almost splattered the toughest PC in the group, and if he hadn't have been taking cover behind a grav car door he'd have been torn apart.

They don't look at it and think in D&D survivability terms any more...
file_23.gif

All-in-all, I like the T20 combat system.

Shane

On Ursula, we've had several PC's (Frank, Danii, Sushi,Mike) have to be rushed to the autodoc. One Player(mine) would have been dead if not fer his atropine injector in his medkit (ZHo throwing Sarin nerve agent grenades! Ugh). Definietely deadly.

Keeps Munchkinism to a zero-factor. Tho a certain noble may talk his way into the crack and a hard place soon (RP-wise.)

One thing I'll say--T20 appears to be one of the few systems that allows for a PC legitimately being held at gunpoint.

Originally posted by kafka:
One thing I'll say--T20 appears to be one of the few systems that allows for a PC legitimately being held at gunpoint.

I have always hated the roleplaying systems where a weapon would be held upon a character, and they distainfully act, knowing that as characters, they weren't going to die. A system where a character is looking at the wrong side of a weapon, and is forced to act, placing that character into a potential roleplaying situation is a lot better than just having players go about blowing things away with weapons.

I favour a mix of style of adventures, though rougish espionage is high on the list. Of course, the sheer excitment of combat can't be beat, as long as it is run logically.

I have always hated the roleplaying systems where a weapon would be held upon a character, and they distainfully act, knowing that as characters, they weren't going to die. A system where a character is looking at the wrong side of a weapon, and is forced to act, placing that character into a potential roleplaying situation is a lot better than just having players go about blowing things away with weapons.

I favour a mix of style of adventures, though rougish espionage is high on the list. Of course, the sheer excitment of combat can't be beat, as long as it is run logically.

MegaTraveller handled that quite well. The interrupt system makes it always tense. The covering character being potentially able to be beaten and yet being able to interrupt... and a good held shot being intrinsically aimed... the 4 point shift in difficulty generally results in much higher damage.

Back