• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Which aliens would you take along

Which aliens would you put in a spinoff setting?

• Total voters
A Bwap to navigate all those Red Tape situations followed by the old Terran Dog (as canon fodder for the Aslan Mercs who periodically raid my starship).

Keep in mind, most people in the Imperium do not know about the psionic potential of the Droyne otherwise it would be calling for a genocide...luckily they have enough Ancient artifacts to defend themselves.

I found myself wanting to vote for the Hivers or the Droyne. My first inclination is to vote for the Hivers, because they are so 'alien'. I would rather the Droyne. They appear so frail and few in number they are often underestimated. Their psionic potential can make them a worthy adversary.

I went with the K'kree. Nice to have a trained beast of burden that can think... And you never know when you run low on food.

I went with Droyne/Chirper, as I have already figured out a way to use them in my Norton-Piper sector. Besides, they are easier to feed than the Aslan or Vargr (Aslan being a lot harder to ration than the Vargr). However, if for some reason I had the K'kree in the mix, I would pick Aslan.

Point Aslan at K'kree, say "Fresh Meat". Get out of way.

My reasoning for chirper/droyne is that if the humans are transplanted by the ancients to this hypothetical far away sector then the descendants of the ancients are likely still around.

Just noticed that the last line of the poll does not show anything? Has something been removed, or are the seven votes for None of the Above?

Just noticed that the last line of the poll does not show anything? Has something been removed, or are the seven votes for None of the Above?

Since it didn't record users for those votes, it's a safe bet that it's a glitch. When I added "other" to the options, it showed no empty entry with votes...

what an interesting poll.:rant: i really had to deliberate:nonono: between vargr and droyne, and eventually went with droyne. vargr would have been the better choice from a gaming stand point. when human/vargr goals are the same, they would be good allies, but when the goals are in conflict...but with droyne/chirpers, have they forgotten their duties or technological know how, a remnant that Grandfather decided not to end, and put with some humans for some reason, or maybe another experiment, with tech 25+ invisible/hidden robots reporting back to him from time to time. not to mention that humans/droyne are different enough that relations between the two are uneasy, 'can we really trust the droyne/humans? they're SO different from us'! of course, any campaign would revolve around the 2 races involved. aslan, lots of fighting somewhere, vargr with fighting/diplomacy, hiver with lots of intrigue, k'kree...well, they're serious about vegetarianism (is that a word?), and the droyne are just plain mysterious. this is my .02 credits worth.

It would have to be Vargr, lets face it K'Kree
are too big,Aslan are to antisocial,Droyne/Chirper
just too close to bugs not to swat,and Hivers just
would wierd you out too much...... ;)

I'm sure someone could make a ballad out of this...

First choice: Hivers, because they are so alien and well thought out. I love the fact that they can't communicate verbally without machines to help them, and only a few of them have a sense of smell. The whole non-violent but manipulative aspect is great too.

Second choice would be the Droyne. The caste system and psionics make them a sleeping giant ready to be awakened.

Third choice would be Aslan.

Canonically weren't the Vargr the first to get uplifted and otherwise fiddled with as a servant race for the Ancients before they decided on humans?

Back