• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Who is Timerover 51?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt he will post in this thread.
So I will offer a defence on his part for the forum persona I have come to know, respect, and consider an online friend if such a thing is possible; I hope he doesn't mind me chiming in with this opinion and will gladly delete if so, as I said, I respect him.

The simple answer is he doesn't like overly sexualised imagery, and those Zho pole dancers are pretty close to the edge of decency. I don't have an issue with nudity and sexuality but I know many people who would react like Timerover51 to such images.

Would MWM allow them in a T5 supplement? Would Matt use them in a Mongoose FFW supplement? They are definitely R rated.
I like them.

I keep getting the thumbs down, not that I care. But, the profile is hidden so I don’t know if i need to speak with an Admin or what.
I would not worry overly much. If it will take the edge off, I can rant about ad nauseum how Traveller: 1248 is the best version version of Traveller and all the other ones suck so some of those thumbs down come my way. Honey Badger don't care. 🤪

Thumbs down on these boards means "I think your post or reply sucks" or nuances thereof, NOT the "I'm gonna get you banned" We really are grognardy, gearheaded, canonmongers ( I forget who has that on their signature or I would give you credit) .

The reason why IMO the younger crowd does not come to COTI as much is bc WE DO NOT PLAY FORUM GAMES like that and neither do the Admins as far as I know. Most of us here are too old to play that game anyways.

OTOH because you are posting implies concern or curiosity to some extent. 🤔 Y U worried?

I would not worry overly much. If it will take the edge off, I can rant about ad nauseum how Traveller: 1248 is the best version version of Traveller and all the other ones suck so some of those thumbs down come my way. Honey Badger don't care. 🤪

Thumbs down on these boards means "I think your post or reply sucks" or nuances thereof, NOT the "I'm gonna get you banned" We really are grognardy, gearheaded, canonmongers ( I forget who has that on their signature or I would give you credit) .

The reason why IMO the younger crowd does not come to COTI as much is bc WE DO NOT PLAY FORUM GAMES like that and neither do the Admins as far as I know. Most of us here are too old to play that game anyways.

OTOH because you are posting implies concern or curiosity to some extent. 🤔 Y U worried?
I think you are late to the party on this one. When a profile that is concealed drops a emoji that you have never seen before and Not read in on what it means. Having just returned after a five year absence because of conflict, you become curious. Yes I have dealt with MM before and a few other high profiles up here. I just didn’t want trouble again. Worried no, because this is cyberspace. IRL I am good to go. IMG_0768.jpeg

For the ignorant in the thread (me), where do I find your stories?
You can find my novels, play journals, and short stories in the Cleon Memorial Library sub-forum. Titles include:
Down A Peg
Don't Speak
Zhevra's Dance
Ringtail
Rote To Dzuerongvoe
The Theugeus Charter
Core of Coreward
Remember Amnesia
Flipside

My content is largely Vargr-centric because I don't believe in a humanocentric setting. The mortal condition isn't limited to Humaniti. YMMV.

You can find my novels, play journals, and short stories in the Cleon Memorial Library sub-forum. Titles include:
Down A Peg
Don't Speak
Zhevra's Dance
Ringtail
Rote To Dzuerongvoe
The Theugeus Charter
Core of Coreward
Remember Amnesia
Flipside

My content is largely Vargr-centric because I don't believe in a humanocentric setting. The mortal condition isn't limited to Humaniti. YMMV.
Thank You. I will go check them out. :)

He's posted some art today in the "Night Cafe Comments" thread in "Random Static", so I'm guessing he's well. I'm blocked from viewing his profile too - it looks to be a general setting on his account.

So I will offer a defence on his part for the forum persona I have come to know, respect, and consider an online friend if such a thing is possible; I hope he doesn't mind me chiming in with this opinion and will gladly delete if so, as I said, I respect him.

The simple answer is he doesn't like overly sexualised imagery, and those Zho pole dancers are pretty close to the edge of decency. I don't have an issue with nudity and sexuality but I know many people who would react like Timerover51 to such images.

Would MWM allow them in a T5 supplement? Would Matt use them in a Mongoose FFW supplement? They are definitely R rated.
I like them.
A lot of the problem is that one person's R is another ones PG-13.

For the fan fiction, I tend to use the emoji that most represents how I was impacted by what I read, for all the other stuff it depends if it's something personal from the poster or if it has something to do with Traveller and then the choice of 'do I want to emoji or not' or 'do I need to emoji or not' and 'can this emoji be used as constructive criticism if necessary?'.

I think I've read all of @The Pakkrat fan fiction, a few of them more than once. He's really brought the Vargr to life for me, and given me hope that I can see other Races & Cultures with the same depth and imagination.

I once addressed a forum post to Timerover, asking about something, and he replied several days later, surprised to see my name as he thought he had blocked me. He answered my original question; then I asked why he had blocked me, and he never answered that. I've enjoyed many of his posts, and have never downvoted any of them (don't think I've ever downvoted anyone here - I've never set anyone to ignore either). Perhaps I made a joke he thought off-color; perhaps he thought I was the other guy on this forum with my name...

This is correct.
I like them.
I am debating about posting some images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back