• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Will you make the leap to T5?

It's like when a singer covers somebody else's song: He or she had better "bring it" or be the next Michael Bolton.
:(

I dunno.

I *want* T5 to be a "blow-you-away" ruleset.

But I'm not so sure it will be. I'll probably look at it and then decide if it's worth buying.

Much as the Hiver says, I'd like a blow you away ruleset but I'm not holding my breath.

I'll probably settle for a fixed T4 in the end, it wasn't that bad.

Already got burnt on T4, won't do that again and from the playtest materials T5 is shaping up to be T4.2.

So no. Might play it if the GM and group are good (same as any version of Traveller) but won't buy or run it.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of people panting, yearning for T5 to come out.

You'd think Marc would get his finger on this pulse and try to do something "fantastic" instead of just T4.2.

It doesn't "feel" like too many people are wanting an improved version of T4.

My guess in what the Traveller masses want is an improved version of CT.

I already have four versions of Traveller and I don't need another. If what I judge to be interesting suppliments come out, I'll check 'em out but I'm not chomping at the bit.

CT is my preference.

Originally posted by Aramis:
I pretty much won't buy until I've looked through it. And what I've seen in playtest tells me that Marc made a big booboo in not letting ACT go forward...
QFT.

I have no plans to purchase T5, because I have no confidence that it will actually come out, and from what I have seen of it in the playtest materials, I wouldn't buy it if it does come out. I have the ACT manuscript and I will continue to use that.

Allen

On the one hand I started out as a CT player but embrased MT when it came out. I've mined material from other versions but I'm an MT fan to the core. (MT with house rules.)

On the other hand you could put the name "Traveller" on a piece of toilet paper and I'd buy it.

So I doubt I'll play T5 (which, remember, started out as T4.1), but I will buy it.

Regards PLST

Originally posted by Supplement Four:
There doesn't seem to be a lot of people panting, yearning for T5 to come out.

You'd think Marc would get his finger on this pulse and try to do something "fantastic" instead of just T4.2.
It's anything but 'just T4.2'. He's got some really cool ideas in development.

Hunter

Originally posted by Psion:
It was a rules set that was being worked on by MJD under the Avenger banner that supposedly closely resembled Classic Traveller; the project has been shelved; avenger is working on a non Traveller SF game called Translight.
The really silly thing was that they knew it wouldn't be approved. We had already tried with CT+.

Hunter

Originally posted by hunter:
It's anything but 'just T4.2'. He's got some really cool ideas in development.
I'll take your word for it. And, like I said in the OP, I'm keeping an open mind. Pre-press isn't sittin' well with me, but I still want nothing more than to open T5 the first time and fall in love.

If Marc can hit T5 the way WEG hit with D6 Star Wars, then I'm all-in, 100%.

But, it's going to take something that fantastic to tear me away from CT. And, game mechanics do matter to some of us. I doubt I'm going to be turned on by a T4 style task system.

Let's hope and pray Marc hits it out of the park.

The problem, Hunter, is that T5 core mechanics ARE T4.2, and the rest are just flash for GM's.

Back