• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

WP-BS05-B1 Inspection ship (non-jump)

Apricus

SOC-7
Knight
Hi

I've had a few goes at doing ship builds. This is the one that has got the furthest. It is for a non-jump inspection ship which I envisaged to be used by a tech level 12 high law level, high traffic system (high population and/or industrial where trade craft are not limited to high-port or star-port landings) with at least a reasonable proportion of liquid surface water. It is a streamlined 200 ton polymer floatation hull with landing skids. Carries a platoon and requires two shifts of 5 crew. There is a brig large enough to accommodate 4 detainees. Boarding operations can be undertaken either from the ship itself (two airlocks on the barracks level) or via a 30 ton ships boat (probably something of an extravagance on a ship this size but I wanted it to have room for the pilot, a squad of troops and four detainees). I struggled with the combat card until I came across those for the Gazelle (many thanks to Major B) and bought the pdf. I took some artistic licence with the deck outlines but I believe it should be reasonable (the deck plans don't show the intakes, purifier, life support or floatation tonnage). I tried to be consistent with the T5 deck plans. I've no doubt that there are mistakes, I've tried to catch as many as I can.
I've (hopefully) attached png images for the build details, deck plans and combat card.
Happy to receive any feedback and comments.

Kind regards

Apricus

Attachments

• Gorami WP-BS50-B1 Inspection Ship Combat Card.png
    Gorami WP-BS50-B1 Inspection Ship Combat Card.png
    343.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Gorami WP-BS50-B1 Inspection Ship deck plan.png
    Gorami WP-BS50-B1 Inspection Ship deck plan.png
    883.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Gorami WP-BS50-B1 Inspection Ship details.png
    Gorami WP-BS50-B1 Inspection Ship details.png
    395.2 KB · Views: 28
I have no familiarity with T5 construction (I'm CT only on that score), but this seems like a very well thought out mission profile and construction to meet the needs of that mission. Really wish there were more "grunt ordinary" designs like this in Traveller available so as to not skew everything quite so heavily into the naval combat/murder hobos/wargamer direction all the time. Designs like this help build out the "infrastructure of everyday life" when space travel is commonplace and ordinary.

I have no familiarity with T5 construction (I'm CT only on that score), but this seems like a very well thought out mission profile and construction to meet the needs of that mission. Really wish there were more "grunt ordinary" designs like this in Traveller available so as to not skew everything quite so heavily into the naval combat/murder hobos/wargamer direction all the time. Designs like this help build out the "infrastructure of everyday life" when space travel is commonplace and ordinary.
Thank you for the positive feedback, much appreciated.

Hi

I've had a few goes at doing ship builds. This is the one that has got the furthest. . . . I struggled with the combat card until I came across those for the Gazelle (many thanks to Major B) and bought the pdf. I took some artistic licence with the deck outlines but I believe it should be reasonable (the deck plans don't show the intakes, purifier, life support or floatation tonnage). I tried to be consistent with the T5 deck plans. I've no doubt that there are mistakes, I've tried to catch as many as I can.
I've (hopefully) attached png images for the build details, deck plans and combat card.
Happy to receive any feedback and comments.

Kind regards

Apricus

Not an expert with the T5 construction system yet, but I have not seen anything standing out to me that is egregiously wrong in your build. You do list it as BS50, implying Maneuver-5, but in the detail-sheet header you say it is Acceleration 4-G. I do not believe your craft is over-tonnage, is it? I believe that should be Acceleration 5-G unless I have missed something.

Not an expert with the T5 construction system yet, but I have not seen anything standing out to me that is egregiously wrong in your build. You do list it as BS50, implying Maneuver-5, but in the detail-sheet header you say it is Acceleration 4-G. I do not believe your craft is over-tonnage, is it? I believe that should be Acceleration 5-G unless I have missed something.
Apologies, thank you so much, yes I believe that is a typo, it should be 5.

To add a bit of further note. I envisaged the emergency low berths to hold medical emergencies until the ship can get to proper facilities. The low berths and medical console are squeezed into a small compartment. I didn't include them in ergonomic or comfort calculations for the rest of the ship. I think two control panels and half a ton of console gives ergonomics of 0.5 when using that compartment.

To add a bit of further note. I envisaged the emergency low berths to hold medical emergencies until the ship can get to proper facilities. The low berths and medical console are squeezed into a small compartment. I didn't include them in ergonomic or comfort calculations for the rest of the ship. I think two control panels and half a ton of console gives ergonomics of 0.5 when using that compartment.
that should be ergonomics 0.25 when using medical console/low berths

Thank you, I've tried to be consistent with the T5 deck plans. I'll also look to add a legend and scale (one square = 1.5m ~ 5ft) to deck plan page.

Back