• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

2300AD to return

Any update on this? I really liked the hard science side of this but felt the cyberpunk elements where a tad redundent. I its anywhere in the ball park of 2320 then I will be placing a preorder

One last comment on Mongoose. The 2320 book was nicely laid out and fully of slick presentation. Hats off to colin for keeping the flame. But my worry is given the rather lacklustre presentation of their traveller line so far its not going to equal the 2320 book.
This is a bit of a rant because we all know that Aslan are not lions, yet the art in the Aslan alien book from mongoose looks like traveller meets the Lion King and I would be gutted for Colins dedication and talent be let down.

Hi

I always felt that the 2300AD books were probably my favorite RPG books ever, in terms of layout. The broad margins, good use of white space, a side notes that added to the main text without just duplicating it was nice. And the well placed simple artwork made it easy to differentiate different locations in the book.

One thing I never really cared for in some other rpgs and source books include adding identical margins around each page making it hard to differentiate different section of the book, and/or just repeating text from the main body of the book as a margin/foot note a few pages later, and/or using a watermark on the page that is so distracting that its hard to clearly make out the text from the background image.

Just some thoughts.

Pat

I get this when I attempt to go to the store:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/traveler/public_html/CotI/Discuss/includes/init.php on line 55

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/traveler/public_html/CotI/Discuss/includes/init.php on line 107

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/traveler/public_html/CotI/Discuss/includes/init.php on line 111

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/traveler/public_html/CotI/Discuss/includes/init.php on line 119

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/traveler/public_html/CotI/Discuss/includes/init.php on line 130

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/traveler/public_html/CotI/Discuss/includes/init.php on line 134

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/traveler/public_html/CotI/Discuss/includes/init.php on line 142

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/traveler/public_html/CotI/Discuss/includes/init.php on line 211

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/traveler/public_html/CotI/Discuss/includes/init.php on line 389

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/traveler/public_html/CotI/Discuss/includes/class_core.php on line 2552

Welcome, Murph. [Log Out]
You last visited: February 27th, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Your Notifications: 2
Traveller Store CotI Features Moot Features QuikLinks Search User CP Log Out

Go Back TravellerRPG.com > Citizens of the Imperium
Reload this Page vBulletin Message Click here to return to the TravellerRPG.com Home page

vBulletin Message
Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /home/traveler/public_html/CotI/Discuss/includes/init.php
Line: 55

2300ad

So finally picked up the French Arm Adventures which is the only 2300 book that I hadn't managed to pick up already.

Any word on what's next to be released in this series?

Brexit strategy.

Ironically I just bought Mongoose's Starships of the French Arm from Drive-Thru RPG because I was too much of a coward to buy it from Mongoose's web-site directly. I am curious if you bought French Arm Adventures from Mongoose directly, and got a "discount" from the falling pound.

I bought a Traveller t-shirt from Quantum Enterprises a couple of weeks ago and got a 14% savings because of the exchange rates. Thank you, Brexit! :)

Man of Grey

In 2014 I purchased downloads direct from Mongoose. Mongoose had Tools for Frontier Living listed for UK6.00 and at the time I paid US15.47. There is a link to dl and I can still dl today, 2 years later.

I remember, exchange rate is calculated when it went to the payment website at purchase time. If you are counting pennies, I do not know what day/moment or source exchange rate is calculated from so YMMV. Mongoose says UK6.00 my statement says US15.47. Yea way before Brexit.

OK Revise. I just bought Borderland Profile:Inurin via Paypal. The exchange rate is listed from the paypal website, but not what it translates into in US dollars at purchase time. yes the dl links work fine.

I had to play around with the screens as the transaction is listed in UK pounds, but my balance was subtracted in US dollar already and has transaction listed in authorization status. Came out to US2.65 for UK1.99 today. So good on me saved off the current drivethru price.

Anything? I saw a hard copy in Austin the other day, I just wonder if 2320 is still extant, or being developed?

Anything? *crickets*
You mean, like a whole product line?

I’m really considering buying the Tools for Frontier Living even though I’m not buying into the setting. Gadgets gadgets gadgets!

Oh wait you mean 2320. Whew got no idea.

I would like to see the whole line re-issued, I love the setting.
The mystery of the Aquilans in 2320 is pretty cool, and a shame that Colin can't directly use them in his Mongoose 2300 writing (at least that is my understanding). That said, with the license/IP issues involved that Colin has mentioned in other threads, I don't think it is going to be re-issued any time soon (is T20 even still permitted with all the OGL going on with Wizards?).

The mystery of the Aquilans in 2320 is pretty cool, and a shame that Colin can't directly use them in his Mongoose 2300 writing (at least that is my understanding). That said, with the license/IP issues involved that Colin has mentioned in other threads, I don't think it is going to be re-issued any time soon (is T20 even still permitted with all the OGL going on with Wizards?).
GDW is still selling Traveller20 AND Quick Link Interactive is still selling Sci-Fi 20 (Traveller20 with all the 3rd Imperium info stripped off) and supplements on DrivethruRPG

Back