• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

AI Skills

In the MgT2 rules, Expert-3 software is as good as it gets and can give you (at best) skill-2.

as and exception Agent will give Electronics(Computers)-3

Despite this, there is software that gives AIs skill-3+. (e.g. some Autodocs/Medkits seem to have Medic-3).

Similarly, Translation software is noted as being 0 or 1 levels. Native Speakers are at level 2+ (based on task difficulty of everyday tasks). (0=Pidgeon; 1=some fluency on that scale). Can an AI manage language at a level equivalent to native speech?

Assuming I'm just confused, how do others square this circle?

I suppose you could give it a medical database equivalent of EDU bonuses that make it equivalent to Med-3 but does not get that final bonus for new conditions/xenodiseases.

I suppose you could give it a medical database equivalent of EDU bonuses that make it equivalent to Med-3 but does not get that final bonus for new conditions/xenodiseases.
that would apply to regular doctors as well. And with the advent of LLM (large language models, such as ChatGPT) I feel the medical software would "learn" faster than non-AI. However - that all really depends on how YTU handles computers and all that. For Classic, I'd make it pretty expensive to get the latest med DBs. Per real world it would be pretty cheap...

that would apply to regular doctors as well. And with the advent of LLM (large language models, such as ChatGPT) I feel the medical software would "learn" faster than non-AI. However - that all really depends on how YTU handles computers and all that. For Classic, I'd make it pretty expensive to get the latest med DBs. Per real world it would be pretty cheap...
That would apply to doctors but not have the Med-2 limit. For new diseases or other problem solving I would assume INT is the governing bonus stat.

Back