• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

awaiting payment

I've copied all of the postings in this forum, and emailed them to my players.

Now they've stopped asking why I don't submit my own Traveller adventures to this site.

Hunter, the reputation the precedes you determines the level of your prosperity.

KR

I've copied all of the postings in this forum, and emailed them to my players.

Now they've stopped asking why I don't submit my own Traveller adventures to this site.

Hunter, the reputation the precedes you determines the level of your prosperity.
traveller's supposed to be a fun hobby, but y'all don't sound like you're having fun or indulging a hobby.

Have you showed your players the thousands of non-complaining posts from people enjoying the game with us?

Yes, we have screwed up on some things (and others were factors beyond our control but still our responisbility).

But the majority of people we work with are happy. You just don't see 'I'm happy' posts, and I bet you would not pass them on.

I'm happy. Quite frankly I wasn't too bothered by the slow payment, I knew I'd get it eventually. However this was my first time.

I am busy writing more now, now I've been paid I'm happy to do more for the Travellers Aide line and possibly some other things as well.

Hunter assures me that payment is on the way. I'd like to point out that only two authors were paid late, and I was the only one who was actually missed. I had every reason on my own behalf to say what I have said in this thread, but it appears that everyone else, which is quite a few authors, got paid on time. The general lack of response to this thread indicates that QLI is paying its authors. Which is better than a lot of game publishers at the moment.

I never thought of it that way, that is a good point Mythmere. And QLI is paying it's authors. How many horror stories do you hear from the rest of the industry where books have been published in print form and the authors never get a penny (sorry Chaosium but I'm pointing directly at you, you know what you've done).

More than half the freelancing I've done has never been paid for.

These days I only work for Mongoose and SJG other than QLI, though I would consider others.

'we screw up less often than some, and we don't intentionally rip people off!' isn't a very good slogan in monst industries but in RPGs it's actually a huge plus.

Just in case someone misunderstands, while there have been some issues with mistakesd at SJG (none with Mongoose) these companies do what they say they will and do pay their authors.

I've gotten paid, and as far as I know, the check has cleared. I'm quite convinced that this was just an error, since everyone else got paid during the time period my payment was late, and while errors shouldn't happen, of course they actually do. I'm happy with the resolution, and I think Hunter handled the situation in a way I wish more publishers did. He admitted a mistake and handled it. I wish more businessmen were like you, Hunter. Well done.

Back