• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

MT Only: Bay Weapons and total coat

snrdg082102

SOC-14 1K
Morning from the Pacific Northwest.

I'm working on putting together a spreadsheet using the Travellers' Digest 13 article A MegaTraveller Starship Design Example by Joe D. Fugate Sr. that Donald McKinney edited and had on his web site back in 2008 which I saved to my computer.

The article uses the design example from CT: Adventure 5 Trillion Credit Squadron (TCS) for the Battle cruiser Regal. I went to page 20 in my copy of CT TCS and saw my note to look Consolidated CT Errata v1.1 (02/01/2014) page 36 edited by Donald McKinney. The price for ten 100-ton PA bays is MCr360 which mean one 100-ton bay is MCr36. Going to LBB 5 HG2 page 24 the price for one 100-ton PA Bay is MCr35. The remaining MCr1 per CT LBB5 HG2 page 30: "Weapons Bays cost Cr10,000 per ton; 100-ton bays cost MCr1; 50-ton bays cost MCr0.5."

When I got to the Weapons Section in both design example documents the base cost for one 100 ton PA Bay is shown as 35,000,000 and the cost of ten bays as 350,000,000.

I've checked my PDF of the MT Referee's Manual and did not find any text similar to CT LBB 5 HG2 p. 30, but there is the Bays Table on page 72.

I believe that the design example bay costs should be the Bay Size Cost + Bay Weapon Cost. For a example one 100-ton Bay with a cost of MCr1 + one Bay PA at MCr35 = MCr36 x 10 = MCr360.

Am I on the right track?

Hello AnotherDilbert,

Yes, bays costs in addition to the mounted weapon just as you have noted.

Thank you for verifying that the cost of the bay was not included in the A MegaTraveller Starship Design Example edited by Donald McKinney or in the original article in the Travellers' Digest 13.

Back