• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

T4 Only: Book 8 Pocket Empires Chapter 4 Planetary Demand pp. 37-38

snrdg082102

SOC-14 1K
Hello all,

T4 Pocket Empires Chapter Economics provides details on how to calculate Planetary Total Demand. I think I have the If Infrastructure does not exceed resources, but I seem to be missing something in "If Infrastructure exceeds Resources". Hopefully, my summary of the process will be more successful.

From "If Infrastructure does not exceed Resources" on page 37 and examples on page 38.

Step 1: Determine Base Demand:
A. If Population >= 4 then Base Demand = Resources.
B. If Population <= 3 then Base Demand = Population.

Step 2: Determine Total Demand
A. On the Total Demand Table, p. 105, find the column that corresponds to the Basic Demand value.
B. Roll 2D cross referencing the die roll plus modifiers for population and culture with the basic demand column.
C. The value at the intersection of the two values equals the Total Demand value.

Step 3. Determine Resources Available (RA)
A. If Total Demand <= Resources then RA = Total Demand
B. If Total Demand > Resources then RA = Resources

Step 4. Determine Resource Points available to import or export for the year.
A. If RA = Total Demand then there is an excess and the world can export Resource Points = Resources - Total Demand.
B. If RA = Resources then there is a deficit and the world can import Resource Points = Total Demand - Resources.

From "If Infrastructure exceeds Resources" and example on page 38.

Step 1: Determine Base Demand:
A. If Population >= 4 then Base Demand = Infrastructure.
B. If Population <= 3 then Base Demand = Population.

Step 2: Determine Total Demand
A. On the Total Demand Table, p. 105, find the column that corresponds to the Basic Demand value.
B. Roll 2D cross referencing the die roll with the basic demand column.
C. The value at the intersection of the two values equals the Total Demand value.

Step 3. Determine Resources Available (RA)
A. If Total Demand <= Resources then RA = Resources
B. If Total Demand > Resources then RA = Resources - (Total Demand - Resources). If RA = Resources - (Total Demand - Resources) < 0, RA = 0 and Infrastructure = Infrastructure - ((Total Demand - Resources)/10).

Step 4. Determine Resource Points available to import or export for the year.
A. If RA = Total Demand then there is a deficit and the world can import Resource Points = Total Demand - Resources.
B. If RA = Resources then there is an excess and the world can export Resource Points = Resources - Total Demand.

In the Infrastructure does not exceed Resources examples the population and culture DMs are applied to the die roll used to determine the Total Demand while in Infrastructure exceeds Resources the DMs do not appear to be applied.

Shouldn't the population and culture DMs be applied in both cases?

If someone has the time and a large sledge hammer could you try to explain how the whole section works?

Back