• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Can I copy a character in RPGSuite?

Spinward Scout

SOC-14 5K
Baron
I'm trying to make some alternate characters.

Does anyone know if I can copy a character I created in the software, and rename the copy and change it a bit?

It would make some chargen I'm working on much easier.

the PDFs I *think* are editable but will not swear to that. RPGSuite is something I spin up every few months, and make a few characters for fun, then forget about it for another few months.

Within the application itself I've not seen a duplicate character option. There may be in the character sheet application, but not having that, I cannot say.

I'm trying to make some alternate characters.

Does anyone know if I can copy a character I created in the software, and rename the copy and change it a bit?

It would make some chargen I'm working on much easier.
Yes, mostly I think. What you CAN do:
Create the Character in CG and save it. The file format is a .json.
THEN
Go to CS and load character. Tweek to your heart's content. You can even edit Name, Homeworld, stats (including adding/editing PSI for feeble late trained psions). Change AND even ADD your own character portait (just a .jpg I think, on the Add though). When done EXPORT the character to create your duplicate. It pulls up a dialog to save the .json file. Save it as some other name. Next time loading up CS, there is your new character!

I bought the Complete Character Data package for CG and the Enhanced Character Sheet package for CS. I do not know if this could be done with just the Free starter software. I went to purchase right away.

Yes, mostly I think. What you CAN do:
Thank you!

I didn't think about Exporting outside of the Character Generator.

Brilliant!

EDIT: Just tried it. Works great! Also found that Exporting before making changes doesn't affect the original file. This is exactly what I'm looking for.

EDIT AGAIN: I had to Import it back in, but that was easy.

Last edited:
Back