• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Can't understand CT Spinward Marches Campaign maps?!

Redcap

SOC-13
Baron
I've got the CD from FFE; I've got the hardcopy of the book in storage too. But I have never, for the life of me, been able to understand those confounded 'campaign' maps they stuck in there: They do NOT conform to any form of battle map marking I've ever seen, and make utterly no sense to me. Can anyone help me out here, as I'm trying to write an adventure set in the war, and those maps are currently useless to me :(

I've got the CD from FFE; I've got the hardcopy of the book in storage too. But I have never, for the life of me, been able to understand those confounded 'campaign' maps they stuck in there: They do NOT conform to any form of battle map marking I've ever seen, and make utterly no sense to me. Can anyone help me out here, as I'm trying to write an adventure set in the war, and those maps are currently useless to me :(

I assume you're talking about the dot maps? The numbers are Imperial and Zhodani fleets. The letters are other fleets. If you read through the Fifth Frontier War history, you can quickly see what the fleets are.

Frank

I assume you're talking about the dot maps? The numbers are Imperial and Zhodani fleets. The letters are other fleets. If you read through the Fifth Frontier War history, you can quickly see what the fleets are.

Frank

Frank -

Y'know, I've read and read and read the darn book for like, decades. And NEVER caught that. Conventional Military Mind thinking, I guess ;)

My sincere thanks :D

Frank -

Y'know, I've read and read and read the darn book for like, decades. And NEVER caught that. Conventional Military Mind thinking, I guess ;)

My sincere thanks :D

I guess so. I've not looked at it in much detail, I just assumed it must be unit labels and then read the text to see if that made sense. Took me 5 minutes or so after looking at your question...

Frank

Still took several other graphics to figure out those damn maps. Anyhow, job done, follow the progress of the war sufficiently well enough to write an adventure around it (well, smack dab in the middle of it, actually) :)

This brings up another question, but that'll be another thread...!

Back