• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Coming soon!

It will be interesting to take a look at. I primarily play MGT2, as I prefer the updated scientific environment for my science fiction, but I like reading the older stuff for both ideas and historical purposes.

CT still has a small but strong fanbase. And it's not just the Old Guard. There's new blood finding it.

Dare I hope that this means there might be an updated MegaTraveller release as well?

Honestly, I thought it would have been really nice if they were able to re-typeset the LBBs in this new book. I haven't seen it, maybe they did. I appreciate them NOT incorporating the errata directly, but providing it in the back with references. Just preserves the, uh, "sanctity" of the LBB.

MT would just be an absolute bear to do. MT has so much errata, that it really does need to be re-typeset with the errata incorporated. A whole new edition need to be done, in perfect PDF. The scans are "nice", but it would be nice if they were completely redone so that they're 2MB each instead of 200MB.

Honestly, I thought it would have been really nice if they were able to re-typeset the LBBs in this new book. I haven't seen it, maybe they did. I appreciate them NOT incorporating the errata directly, but providing it in the back with references. Just preserves the, uh, "sanctity" of the LBB.

That's the next step.

This one is a facsimile, meaning all the original styling and text is still there. There's nothing *new* in it. The errata are footnotes if there's a long-winded problem, which is relegated to the appendix. If it's just a one word change, he changes it in-place and notes the change in the appendix.

So call it a new printing of the 1981 edition with errors fixed. Mainly going off of Don McKinney's errata efforts.

I like it. It's compact, even feels more compact that juggling the 3 LBBs, because it's all there in one place. It's more portable, and more correct, than The Traveller Book.

Marc's fully incorporating the errate-ed text into a CT "third edition"(?) with updated styling. It's a separate product, but it flows from the current one. It's still CT, but some things are modern. For example, the space navigation skill is called "astrogation".

Last edited:
Dare I hope that this means there might be an updated MegaTraveller release as well?

Doubtful.

MT's scans, while old, are good scans and the OCR is decent.
MT's fans are far fewer than CT fans.

It's also not a growing fanbase, unlike CT. And not in the Hall of Fame.

Still, It's nice to know I'm not the only one who likes MT. (But I only like about 3/4 of it... I prefer T20's design sequences)

It's also not a growing fanbase, unlike CT. And not in the Hall of Fame.

Understood; it doesn't make sense to put effort into something that won't appeal to many people given all the alternative editions.

It is great to hear CT still has a growing fanbase!

Back