• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Credit Symbol

LeperColony

Traveller Card Game Dev Team
Are any symbols ever used to denote Credits, or is it always just the abbreviation Cr?

Was any symbol used on the promotional Cr 10 bill?

Thanks!

I've always seen it as just Cr, but have also heard them referred to as "crimp" for "Credits Imperial".

More of a board convention for economics discussion, and contrasted with CrL (Credits Local).

I have tried to compile what is known here:
External Link: [http://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Imperial_Currency Imperial_Currency]

I am sure there ae missing resources, details, and other existing data.

All corrections, advice, and missing references welcome.

Please note that I am certainly not the only person to have contributed to that wiki page. Rancke (RIP) and many others helped develop it.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

I have tried to compile what is known here:
External Link: [http://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Imperial_Currency Imperial_Currency]

I am sure there ae missing resources, details, and other existing data.

All corrections, advice, and missing references welcome.

Please note that I am certainly not the only person to have contributed to that wiki page. Rancke (RIP) and many others helped develop it.

Shalom,
Maksim-Smelchak.

1,000 bills stand 50 millimeters high and weigh 500 grams.

You might want to take a look at how thick a stack of 1000 sheets of 20 pound weight paper are. It is a bit thicker than 50 millimeters.

Ran across this, perhaps?

latest

The Star Wars Republic credit symbol is

Republic_credit_symbol-2.jpg

Star Wars monopoly money has this symbol, so that's what I'm using nowadays for credit props-

credits_500_1024x1024.jpg

Using Cr or ₢, if you can figure it out without copy/paste, is the easiest. But remember that the Roman alphabet probably hasn't been used since the days of the Second Imperium.

The Bilanidin font is very well done, but it supposedly is Vilani, not "Imperial" per se. Since it has 26 characters maybe its more of a compromise between Old High Vilani and Roman?

I know there is another Traveller font out there, and someone went to a lot of trouble to make it, but I'm not a fan. Something like that would be best used to represent Imperial symbols/characters. In any case I don't think there is an equivalent money symbol in the character sets of either font.

So it turns out there is a canonical credit symbol. You'll see it in the Traveller Card Game, though the actual icon itself came from Marc.

Back