• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

CT Books 1-5, plus!

jawillroy

SOC-13
Hey guys, long time no see: I've been more about my music these days, so I'm stripping down to my one set of LBB123 and getting rid of everything else, gradually. To start with, I'm offering the following on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/130910196864?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Book 0 - An Introduction To Traveller (GDW 1981) Very minor creasing to cover, else fine condition
Book 1 - Characters and Combat (GDW 1981) Very minor creasing to cover, else fine condition
Book 2 - Starships (GDW 1981) Very minor creasing to cover, else fine condition
Book 3 - Worlds and Adventures (GDW 1981) Very minor creasing to cover, very slight scuffing, excellent condition
Book 4 - Mercenary (Games Workshop, 1978) Laminated; faint waterstaining to bottom centerfold, some rust at staples. Good for a player's copy: (it's all there) but not so much a collectors' copy, know what I mean?
Book 5 - High Guard (GDW 1980) Second edition (very important - first edition was very different, almost unplayable) Very minor creasing to cover, some shelf wear, dogeared lower front cover, else excellent condition
Snapshot Rules Booklet (GDW 1979) An elaboration of Traveller combat, providing miniatures rules for shipboard engagements.A Flawless copy.
Supplement 3 - The Spinward Marches (GDW 1979) Pregenerated subsectors for all your adventuring needs! Fine Condition.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

1 Folding hex map of the Spinward Marches; 1/8th inch separation at edge of one fold, else fine with no markings.
1 Folding political map of the Spinward Marches; 3/4 inch separation at edge of one fold; some unobtrusive pen marks, a fair bit of scuffing.

And another thing...

I haven't posted any of these to eBay yet, but I'll give any of you first shot at any of these: pm me or email me at jawillroy AT yahoo DAWT com:

Book 0: "An Introduction to..."
Supplements:
2: Animal Encounters (fine condition)
4: Citizens of the Imperium (fine condition)
Adventures:
Introductory Adventure: The Imperial Fringe (fine condition)
1: Kinunir (fine condition)
2: Research Station Gamma (2 copies avail: 1 fine, one excellent with a shop price sticker)

Double Adventures:
1: Shadows/ Annic Nova (fine condition)
3: Argon Gambit/Death Station (2 copies available, both excellent)
4: Marooned/Marooned alone (fine condition)
6: Night of Conquest/ Divine Intervention (fine condition)

Judges Guild Adventures:
Corsairs of the Turku Waste
Fifty Starbases

Randomish stuff:
A rare draft material booklet: "Aliens for Traveller" 1981; outlines Humans, Aslan, Centaurs, Vargr, Droyne and The Hive. Of historical curiosity more than anything else. Fine condition.

"Exonidas Spaceport" adventure insert from Dragon Magazine, March 1982. Excellent condition. Includes a thinly - veiled cameo of Hammer's Slammers, among other tidbits.

Make me offers, fellas.

Gentlemen I Am Dissapoint.

Okay, so nobody bid. So I'm re-posting, WITH MORE. I HAVE FATTENED THE DEAL. FATTENED, I SAY.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GDW-Classic.../130914977604?pt=Games_US&hash=item1e7b240744

Book 0 - An Introduction To Traveller (GDW 1981) Very minor creasing to cover, else fine condition
Book 1 - Characters and Combat (GDW 1981) Very minor creasing to cover, else fine condition
Book 2 - Starships (GDW 1981) Very minor creasing to cover, else fine condition
Book 3 - Worlds and Adventures (GDW 1981) Very minor creasing to cover, very slight scuffing, excellent condition
Book 4 - Mercenary (Games Workshop, 1978) Laminated; faint waterstaining to bottom centerfold, some rust at staples. Good for a player's copy: (it's all there) but not so much a collectors' copy, know what I mean?
Book 5 - High Guard (GDW 1980) Second edition (very important - first edition was very different, almost unplayable) Very minor creasing to cover, some shelf wear, dogeared lower front cover, else excellent condition
Snapshot Rules Booklet (GDW 1979) An elaboration of Traveller combat, providing miniatures rules for shipboard engagements.A Flawless copy.
Supplement 2 - Animal Encounters (GDW 1979) Pregenerated critters for your adventurers to run afoul of! Fine Condition.
Supplement 3 - The Spinward Marches (GDW 1979) Pregenerated subsectors for all your adventuring needs! Fine Condition.
Supplement 4 - Citizens of the Imperium (GDW 1979) Twelve additional character careers; rules for bow weapons, and a bunch of pre-generated characters: a fan favorite! Some spine scuffing, Excellent Condition.
Introductory Adventure - The Imperial Fringe (GDW 1981) Kit your adventurers out in a scout ship, and send them hurtling off into the Spinward Marches (see above!) Fun for everyone. Fine Condition.
Adventure 1 - The Kinunir (GDW 1979) Adventures in - you guessed it - the Spinward Marches, centered around one of the most famous of the Imperium's cruisers. Fine Condition.
Adventure 2 - Research Station Gamma (GDW 1980) Aliens! Robots! Secret Labs! The Spinward Marches! Fine Condition.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

1 Folding hex map of The Spinward Marches; 1/8th inch separation at edge of one fold, else fine with no markings.
1 Folding political map of The Spinward Marches; 3/4 inch separation at edge of one fold; some unobtrusive pen marks, a fair bit of scuffing.

And oh yeah, the Big Black Box. There's a little bit of splitting to one corner, so it's not a big deal, but it's good to keep the books in and the world out.

NOW BID, ALREADY.

Many of us have the whole thing... most of the rest are likely to get the whole shebang in PDF, or wait for Marc to reprint the BFB versions.

Plus, there's a recession on.

So the value of CT dead tree is kind of crashed. Many of those interested don't have the cash, and many with the cash already have the goods in one form or another.

Are all of the FFE PDFs OCR translated?

I ask because I need to cut and paste to a reading enhancer to see the written word these days. Cutting and pasting back and forth is a drawback at best.

Are all of the FFE PDFs OCR translated?

I ask because I need to cut and paste to a reading enhancer to see the written word these days. Cutting and pasting back and forth is a drawback at best.

Every one of them I've gotten. Some of the TNE shaded boxes failed OCR on the DTRPG versions (which are the ones I've gotten), but since CT didn't do that, most of them OCRed just fine.

They are mostly hidden OCR text plus scanned image.

The OCR isn't great, but not rotten, either.

Many of us have the whole thing... most of the rest are likely to get the whole shebang in PDF, or wait for Marc to reprint the BFB versions.

Plus, there's a recession on.

So the value of CT dead tree is kind of crashed. Many of those interested don't have the cash, and many with the cash already have the goods in one form or another.

This-all is pretty much what seems to be the case. Still, every so often someone gets lucky.

Given that it's a Sci Fi game, it would seem to make sense aesthetically to have the game take place, be administered with, and be mediated on computer. Nevertheless, I've found that my aesthetic enjoyment of the game has required paper, pencil, dice.

Incidentally, I've a bunch of antique Tunnels and Trolls stuff up on the Ebay too...

Well, I guess it took a little bit more time for the stars to align. I've been getting back into Traveller after a 30+ year hiatus. You can imagine the work involved in sorting out all the new versions and releases done since I moved on from Traveller in 1980.

My decision at this point? I want to get back in to Traveller with what I started with: Classic Traveller using dead wood LBBs. This package is what I was looking for, so I just did the direct buy option on eBay. Looking forward to a package on my doorstep later this week!

This package is what I was looking for, so I just did the direct buy option on eBay. Looking forward to a package on my doorstep later this week!

<ZOIDBERG> HOORAY for another triumph of instant gratification! Another happy customer! </ZOIDBERG>

Seriously, thank you very much! I'll get that out to you pronto.

The pleasure is all mine. I've been getting back into things by doing some character generations using PDFs, but I'd much rather have physical books to work from. That being said, I also purchased FFE's CD-ROM so that I can have all the CT info in one place.

Just received the LBB's, etc., yesterday. I can't emphasize how much I am thrilled to have original Classic Traveller LBB's.

I'm glad everything for CT is still available in PDF, but there's something to be said for having a physical book in your hand when trying to generate characters, build ships, and generate worlds.

Back