• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Deckplans Available: 600 dTon and 1000 dTon Liners using 50 dTon Deck Slices

vutpakdi

SOC-13
A teaser release of sorts.

I've put two deckplans in the Deck Plans Files section of my deckplans website.

The deckplans are for:
</font>
  • a 600 dTon subsidized liner (the Lillianfel)</font>
  • a 1000 dTon Tukera Lines long liner (the Pride of Tripolis)</font>
Both are teaser examples of using standardized 50 dTon deck slices to quickly create "good enough for one adventure" type ships. Both have been submitted as entries for Deckplans Contests

The deckplans are provided in 15mm scale, 144 DPI, PDF format (designed to be printed or viewed on the screen).

The point behind the 50 dTon deck slices isn't to create a pretty, efficient, or completely accurate ship, but to provide a way for a Referee to quickly create a range of ships (100 to 1000+ dTons) using some basic components. The ships aren't meant to be modular in use (unlike a modular cutter), but modular when constructed. The idea of a modular ship could be extended to where modules are designed to be swapped in and out, but I'll probably do a different set of deckplans for those types of ships.

All of the ships using this concept are cylinders with the decks stacked perpendicular to the axis of the ship.

An initial release of the 50 dTon deck slices is coming soon.

Ron

Nice. Very, very, nice

Thanks for sharing, I look forward to the next release.

Originally posted by Ron Vutpakdi:
A teaser release of sorts.

The point behind the 50 dTon deck slices isn't to create a pretty, efficient, or completely accurate ship, but to provide a way for a Referee to quickly create a range of ships (100 to 1000+ dTons) using some basic components. The ships aren't meant to be modular in use (unlike a modular cutter), but modular when constructed.
Ron
Ron,

This is what I did with the Azhanti High Lightning deckplans. I've got some notes somewhere that I took on the various decks. Mix and match, put more quarters decks in for a troop ship, put in more bay decks for a gunship, etc. I think it's an efficient use of plans.

carl

Originally posted by Savage:
Saw the deck plans and liked them but why 50dt? Was there gaming wisdom or easy math?
Thanks!

I chose 50dTons mostly because of the easy math and the range of ships that I felt those slices would give (roughly 150-200 dTons to 1000+). Once I get a first real pass of this set done, I may do a larger set (100 dTons) or a smaller set (25 dTons).

Ron

Makes sense to me and I like what you did with it.
Which package did you choose for the task?

savage

Originally posted by Savage:
Makes sense to me and I like what you did with it.
Which package did you choose for the task?
I use Canvas (version 9) from ACD Systems for doing deckplans. Canvas seems particularly well suited towards doing deckplans.

Ron

Back