• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

CT Only: Diaspora Proto Traveller

Dave's since apologized for the tone of the introduction; in said introduction he pretty openly mocks people trying to make the aliens feel alien as a waste of time and paper. He's not, to my knowledge, ever apologized for the the tone of the rest of the module.

I vaguely recall reading a general RPG internet rant, where someone else (not GDW staff?) noted that the more alien aliens are, the less useful they are, or something to that effect. I still don't like cat-people and dog-people though.

I vaguely recall reading a general RPG internet rant, where someone else (not GDW staff?) noted that the more alien aliens are, the less useful they are, or something to that effect. I still don't like cat-people and dog-people though.
CJ Cherryh seems to do all right.

Life lesson- NEVER set off methane breathers that you can't talk to.

Never.

No.

Really.

I tend to agree, since there's an inherent tendency to role-play (as a PC or as a ref with NPCs) aliens as humans in alien costumes -- at best, with an "odd hat" to make them superficially different. It's hard to avoid, since people (players and refs) think like people by default.

Authors have it easier since they're not doing the characterization by the seat of their pants in realtime. Sometimes, of course, even that doesn't help...

Back