• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Dragons

Blue Ghost

SOC-14 5K
Knight
Okay, so how many of you have taken your fire team or adventurers up against one of these?

RedDragon.jpg

What were the results? Dish! :)

With gravitics, robotics, and some handy skills a Dancing Vorpal Sword of Sharpness could be built...and Battle Dress would make dandy +5 Plate.

FGMP-15's, battledress, TL13 RAM Auto GL's, and the odd ATGM; they can hang..... :)

If'n they p%&* me off, then I'll put em out with Gauss rifles, rifle grenades, CES's with reflec, while dangerously overloading their Air/Raft, and they'll still have a fighting chance. ;)

Start with a Squad of Trepida Grav Tanks with a squad of Imperial Marines loaded in an Empress Grav APC for clean-up. :D

I randomly generated a 44 Ton Flying Pouncer once - uplands terrain on Wypoc/Lanth. Of course it's called a dragon.

They eat air/rafts in preference to adventurers. They have armor (Cloth Equiv). And they're bloody hard to kill.

So, one group of PC's sets up hunting expeditions for them....

I use small ones as I didn't like the beakers and read too much Flinx stories in school.

Although my dragons are dragons and not flying snakes...house cat sized.

Reign Of Fire and the discovery channel's bit on dragons gave me 2 ways to give them fire instead of acid breath...and freak out players with hydrogen leaks shipboard and living little flamethrowers...

Of course they are little pyromaniacs!

There was an old time poster here years ago who stated that he took some adventurers through a fantasy world setting, and that they fared well in this new, strange, alien environment. Until they ran out of ammo. For some reason this just struck me ever so evil and amusing all at the same time :devil: I both chuckle and shake my head. I'm still trying to find the post in the archives.

I did the same thing in the mid 90s, with different results. The adventure just kind of faded away as I went back to school to try and change careers. I borrowed from another popular gaming system for just such a gaming session. Fun times.

That pic I posted is very vibrant and full of energy. It's one of the best "Dragon attack" pictures I could find, and I think it really resonates the spirit of adventure for everyone. I can imagine either a fireteam or regular band of adventurers trying to mix it up with this thing.... unsuccessfully :smirk:

I'll conjure other critters and situations and post appropriate pics Less than 800 x 800 for the BBS's sake.

I played in a short campaign that start out as a Twilight 2000(1st Ed.) game and in the first session a tac nuke opened a rip in the space/time(and it turned out that a Wizard was doing Time Magic experiments near the same spot back then) and we got transported back to the Polish countryside of ~900 AD. Turns out that M16s, HK CAWs and AK's don't do much against Werewolves unless you are firing silver bullets... ;)

I played in a short campaign that start out as a Twilight 2000(1st Ed.) game and in the first session a tac nuke opened a rip in the space/time(and it turned out that a Wizard was doing Time Magic experiments near the same spot back then) and we got transported back to the Polish countryside of ~900 AD. Turns out that M16s, HK CAWs and AK's don't do much against Werewolves unless you are firing silver bullets... ;)

Love it :D

It would be very Doomfarers Of Coramonde to exile the players back in some past fantasy milieu; I've often thought about trying it but the problem is always how to get them back again. The group I've been playing with currently might go for just staying, there, though, so....hmmmm.

Well, there's always the old "Thieves World" boxed set. It had stats for multiple game systems, including CT. For Traveller it was listed as a Red Zone world(GM' choice of location) and some of the world's natives were Psions but they called Psionics "Magic"... :)

Okay, so how many of you have taken your fire team or adventurers up against one of these?

RedDragon.jpg

What were the results? Dish! :)

That thing? Thats just an over grown Droyne with pyrokinesis. The party psion Mind-blasted it into a drooling non entity. :devil:

Back