• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Education vs Advanced Education

I've just noticed that in the original LBBs, both tables are labeled Advanced Education, with only the second with the (8+ Education) requirement. However in at least one book, the Solomani Alien module, the 1st Education table was labeled just Education.

Mongoose in the 2nd edition has dispensed with two Advanced Education tables and retained only the Advanced Education (8+ EDU requirement) table.

Were there later or earlier printings that labeled that 1st Education table just Education?

I’ve always taken the Edu 8 table to be the college educated skills as opposed to career advanced training.

IMTU I added an INT 8+ table with the idea that they are not usual mainstream skills for the career but useful.

I’ve always taken the Edu 8 table to be the college educated skills as opposed to career advanced training.
That is how I have always thought of them, but not because of any rulebook per say, just how I reacted to them and then never questioned it after that.

I've just noticed that in the original LBBs, both tables are labeled Advanced Education, with only the second with the (8+ Education) requirement. However in at least one book, the Solomani Alien module, the 1st Education table was labeled just Education.

Mongoose in the 2nd edition has dispensed with two Advanced Education tables and retained only the Advanced Education (8+ EDU requirement) table.

Were there later or earlier printings that labeled that 1st Education table just Education?
Not to my knowledge, either, but MANY Ref's crossed out the first "Advanced" ...

Back