• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Favorite 2300AD Alien Race

Originally posted by GJD:
The little guys were four armed...little guys, stuck on a declining moonbase fighting against their own clapped out robots. They had declined technologically following a massive nuclear war and were the last of their race, if memory serves.

AGRA (the initials stood for something but i'll be buggered if i can rememebr what) was a vast galactic conciousness alien that was fiddling about with the stars in the Pleiades, much stellar architecture and multidimensional shennanigans. The players were only really peripherally aware of them, and only if they were really luck (or unlucky, depending on your point of view).
Alcyone Gravitic... (Regional??) Anomaly? And a perfect candidate for an Inhibitor lure / trap if ever there was one
file_22.gif

Bayern was / is frustrating. It is irritatingly sketchy: the bare minimum of the outline of a campaign (hell, it could be the pitch for a whole TV series!), with one solid seide-trek (the Little Guys) and a neat sketch of the end-game (AGRA). There really wasn't enough to it, and yet to me it always felt more like 2300AD than just about anything else GDW published (Aurore and Nyotekundu Sourcebooks an honourable joint second): hard SF out on the frontier with buckets of sense of wonder, like reading good Arthur C Clarke for the first time (e.g. Rendevous with Rama, the second ACC I ever read...).

And I still haven't managed to replace my copy of Bayern :( ...

Thats it.

If you are in the US, try Noble Knight games, that's where I got my copy of Bayern from (international shipping and all). If you are in the UK I think Second Games Galore has a copy (now that I've bought mine from the States...).

Back