• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Favorite Nation of 2300?

The sun never sets on the British Empire! Bring back the House of Lords!

Originally posted by Scott Graham:
Great Britain, The Empire Strikes Back. Followed closely by Germany and Australia.

I set up the Far Eastern Republic in my IM2.3KU as a sort of cult-of-personality state not unlike modern Turkmenistan or Kazakstan, where the whole country was run at the whim - and for the benefit - of the ruling family.

The self-styled "Uncle Vlad of Vladivostok" This allowed for some occasional comic relief of his Secret Service pursuing some harebrained attempt at world domination. The FER's Interstellar Navy (a single 2240s vintage freighter with a single laser) actually was the first to intercept (and was, of course, destroyed by) the single Kafer fighter to reach the Earth system during the Kafer War.

This act of heroism is depicted on giant propoganda posters throughout the FER.

I set up the Far Eastern Republic in my IM2.3KU as a sort of cult-of-personality state not unlike modern Turkmenistan or Kazakstan, where the whole country was run at the whim - and for the benefit - of the ruling family.

The self-styled "Uncle Vlad of Vladivostok" This allowed for some occasional comic relief of his Secret Service pursuing some harebrained attempt at world domination. The FER's Interstellar Navy (a single 2240s vintage freighter with a single laser) actually was the first to intercept (and was, of course, destroyed by) the single Kafer fighter to reach the Earth system during the Kafer War.

This act of heroism is depicted on giant propoganda posters throughout the FER.

2300 in the FER would be fun! Great PC interaction with the Japanese. I would have the FER locals absolutely hate their friends from across the sea of Japan (A hold over from the Twilight war perhaps or even the Russian civil war of 1917-1921 when the Japanese occupied Vladivostok!!)

I did, and thank you. The only real problem I have is the use of Spanish names. My wife's family is Hispanic, and so I am somewhat familiar with the culture, and while her mother does not speak much english, all the kids were made to be completely proficient in english. But its a very minor quibble. You guys did an excellent job.

Another small quibble is the lack of the "traditional" regiments- 141st, 142nd, 143rd, 144th Infantry regiments.

Originally posted by BMonnery:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Murph:
I still like Texas as the best nation in the game.
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~dheb/2300/Tx/USMRTA.htm

In case you hadn't seen it ;)

Bryn
</font>[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by Murph:
I did, and thank you. The only real problem I have is the use of Spanish names. My wife's family is Hispanic, and so I am somewhat familiar with the culture, and while her mother does not speak much english, all the kids were made to be completely proficient in english. But its a very minor quibble. You guys did an excellent job.

Another small quibble is the lack of the "traditional" regiments- 141st, 142nd, 143rd, 144th Infantry regiments.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BMonnery:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Murph:
I still like Texas as the best nation in the game.
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~dheb/2300/Tx/USMRTA.htm

In case you hadn't seen it ;)

Bryn
</font>[/QUOTE]
</font>[/QUOTE]141st is The Alamo Regiment (141st) which is the 1st Texas. ISTR that the others are in there somewhere, if hidden under new names.

Bryn

Just to throw my hat into the ring, I'd have to say Australia - when you're as small as we are it's always nice to see your name in lights!

TANSTAAFL-Definitely the best nation in 2300AD!
The nation named after one of Heinlein's favorite notions.
:D
Also on the front lines against the Kaefer (BEMs!)
toast.gif

file_23.gif

Due to my interest in Napoleon III, the unification of Germany, and WWI, I'd probably go with France or Bavaria , depending on the year.

Barring that Manchuria.

Casey

I also vote for TANSTAAFL on principle. However, I'd whole lot more sympathetic if the writers tried to make it an honest experiement in libertarianism rather than a den of corruption.

But those are my political biases talking...

Gentlemen,

Azania definitely. Having visited and worked in Africa many times, I love the idea of a nation from that wonderous continent finally 'making' it.

Sincerely,
Larsen

Back