• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Firefly

It's official. Firefly was cancelled today by Fox. Supposedly they'll finish the episode they're filming now, and eventually show the ones they have already in the can, and then no more.

Rumor has Joss trying to sell it to UPN, but they're the same corporation. I'm not hopeful.

Farewell, TravellerTV.

:(
file_28.gif

Just heard one of the best lines:

While they are discussing River...

Walsh: "She's psychic? That sounds like science fiction"

Zoe: "We live in a spaceship"

Originally posted by lord irial:
It's official. Firefly was cancelled today by Fox. Supposedly they'll finish the episode they're filming now, and eventually show the ones they have already in the can, and then no more.

Rumor has Joss trying to sell it to UPN, but they're the same corporation. I'm not hopeful.

Farewell, TravellerTV.

file_28.gif
I believe that CBS and UPN are the related networks, not Fox and UPN.

I liked Jayne's line: "If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak right now."

These last two episodes show that "Firefly" is just hitting its stride as a series. I wish Fox would at least give it a full season.

One bit of hopeful news....the Ads for next week's episode is the one for the pilot, and they said it's a full 2 hours, not the 1 hour they had originally cut it down to. It could be a consolation prize of sorts, but it could also mean that somebody likes it. I'm an optomist
The tables may yet be turned

Bad news... perhaps someone will pick it up. I sent off a letter to fox but it seems without success.

If anyone can do it it's Joss!

Savage

First time I saw it, I thought is was just "too Old American West" for my taste. Then I heard it was cancelled, and thought that such was bad. I don't know why, but I don't want it cancelled!

Back