• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

First Survey Questions

ddamant

SOC-10
Does anyone know what the particular problems were with First Survey? I know the Law Levels were buggered up. Also, some of the homeworld populations seemed wonky. I did some comparisons with the online Traveller Map and some look ok and with some it looks like the planet sizes were either enlarged or reduced.

Anyway, does anyone know which aspects of the planetary profiles were affected by whatever error occurred in the world generation formulas?

Does anyone know what the particular problems were with First Survey? I know the Law Levels were buggered up. Also, some of the homeworld populations seemed wonky. I did some comparisons with the online Traveller Map and some look ok and with some it looks like the planet sizes were either enlarged or reduced.

Anyway, does anyone know which aspects of the planetary profiles were affected by whatever error occurred in the world generation formulas?
I'm not sure what happened to populations, but the T5SS data review team -- which produced the current dataset at Traveller Map -- applied some consistent changes to legacy planetary data.

The most common change was increase mainworld size to accommodate atmosphere. (Very small worlds don't have sufficient gravity to retain standard atmospheres.) The rule used was "If Atm 1/A/B/C, Size 3+; if Atm 2/3, Size 4+, and if Atm 4-9, Size 5+."

This was probably the least invasive way to line up sector data with our current understanding of planetology, but note that the latest version of T5 does not include these restrictions. You can still create size 1 worlds with atmospheres ranging from 0 to 6.

Back