• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

CT Only: Fixing the Type S (Sulieman)

I like the fold-away washrooms that Winnebago put into their Rialta campers (VW Eurovan based). I'd link, but am on phone.
zpg2qsqdwtycpq6ejg1m.jpg

vms7ieisaymhlfxcuetk.jpg

Right behind the captains chairs in the cockpit.

Nice.
Minimalist bedding, but then again interstellar travel takes shorter periods of time.

They have jump points very similar to Starfire warp points, .2C in system travel which is about attention playing a game, tasks are very simple and fast etc. Smaller ships are priced more like small commercial planes than even coastal ships. So again online game not sim.

Useful for us though in terms of visualization.

Tinkering with the gravity tiles would allow sleeping both on the ceiling and the floor.

Not accounting for life support, you probably could double stuff that Oreo.

In my own dabbling in 3d, I put the folding commode, folding sink, and showerhead all in a vertical corner stack, inspired by a combo of winnebago, japanese plumbing, and psychopathology...

Files are on a dead machine, unfortunately. (a PPC mac, at that.)

It was a 20×20 triangle for the plumbing, including the recessed sink, a collection vacuum hose stowed, and a fold-out shower head; the commode was a tray, that stood 10 cm proud when folded up,open, it's 20cm wide, 40cm long, , with a 15×35cm trench, and circumferential air and water pressure sprays, plus a bidet.

The watertight and airtight enclosure curtain allows for shower, bath (wash the commode first!), or steamroom use. and a standard PLSS fitting allows use of any number of LS options, from nasal cannula to full suit. It also allows pumping it to about 0.2 bar separate from the room, in case the compartment is in vacuum, so you can drop trou on the VACC suit.

Needless to say, this is the kind of thinking that derives a cost of KCr20 and spends every centicred on super-tight tolerances, but ignores actual comforts like sitting...

I know it's life, but I have a hard time thinking about gamming using the head. It looks good on the deck plans but how often has anyone ever said in a game "I'm off to the head." That is their character, not the player. :)

I know it's life, but I have a hard time thinking about gamming using the head. It looks good on the deck plans but how often has anyone ever said in a game "I'm off to the head." That is their character, not the player. :)
Surprisingly, yes that has come up in my 30 year old Traveller game more than once....

I've used the need as a complication on social or repair rolls that had exceptional failure.
Oh, and it's a pretty appropriate complication for a failed carousing check.

Back