• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Free Trader

Amazing work.

I'm curious, though -- all of these are from the front. Did you ever settle on the details of the aft end?

Thanks in advance!

Amazing work.

I'm curious, though -- all of these are from the front. Did you ever settle on the details of the aft end?

Thanks in advance!

Not yet. I'm still trying out different engine ideas for the back end. Will look again at the tech level this ship was built with and fabricate something from that era. For now, there are still just holes where the engines will go.

Not yet. I'm still trying out different engine ideas for the back end. Will look again at the tech level this ship was built with and fabricate something from that era. For now, there are still just holes where the engines will go.
Again, thanks!
Looking forward to the results!

I can't link them. Violates policy here.

Policy requires the link
  • State the host to at least the domain name level
  • state the type of material if it's not simply html
  • Not link to copyright violations
  • Not link to NSFW materials

Policy requires the link
  • Not link to NSFW materials

It was this, as I recall.

He posted the videos to YouTube, but had the "over 18" tag on them, because he somehow managed to turn what was ostensibly a CGI of a ship (I guess) flying in to "adult content" (for no particular definition of "adult").

I never saw them, that's just the way I remember it.

Again, thanks!
Looking forward to the results!

Here's a rough draft of the engines so far. Huge heatsinks at the moment. The glow heads are shot. An overhaul will be required.

draft_engines.png

Next time back off the nitromethane or shim the heads up a bit.
And remember if you increase the percentage of castor oil, that leans out the mixture.

:)

Wouldn't have thought of that as a design inspiration, but it works here.

(Yes, model airplanes were a hobby of mine once...)

I'd like to see a pic with the 'beat-up version' evading a Pirate.
(Maybe heading towards the shelter of an Azhanti High Lightning, since its silhouette is not likely to be mistaken for that other famous IP's 'Imperial Cruiser'.)

P.S. If you are still looking for an engine, 2001's Discovery might inspire creativity.

Back