• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Game System Used/Preferred

Game System Used

• Total voters
Now, I believe I've seen reference to the old WEG d6 system. I've only seen the Star Wars version (which gave me my start in role playing), so why not a version using that?

And most of the non-CT rules I've seen have good ideas/modifications, or good adventures or writing (such as T20, one of the best-written rulesets for the d20 system I've seen).

So far, 36 out of 85 (42%) use T20 in preference to anything else, with CT coming second (28%) and 28 out of 85 (33%) prefer CT with MT coming up behind at 23 (or 27%).

Originally posted by Cymew:
Aramis,

How is it that you use T4 psionics? How do they differ from the MT ones I use?
<snide mode>Go read T4!</snide mode>

Seriously, T4 psionics (not using the T4 Psi HB) were spend no more points than your skill level and it works automatically. Skill becomes a valid limit, but doesn't subject players to random success rolls.

As for integration into MT? learn them in play, as always.

chaosium's BRP system. I use it for space:1889, 2300AD, and MegaTraveller.
Frankly, not wishing to offend, but GDW's rules were dreadful...clunky, awkward and most times didnt work...just ask anyone who bought sky galleons. in my opinion the best seetings for any rpg always came from GDW.

Aramis,

Do you want to give me a T4 to read?

Ok, it sounds like T4 psionics is very much more a reliable power. I don't think I like it that way.

Well, thanks for sharing!

Originally posted by TWILIGHT:
chaosium's BRP system. I use it for space:1889, 2300AD, and MegaTraveller.
Frankly, not wishing to offend, but GDW's rules were dreadful...clunky, awkward and most times didnt work...just ask anyone who bought sky galleons. in my opinion the best seetings for any rpg always came from GDW.
:cool: Another BRP fan here though I've not used it for a space game yet. Can't be that hard to adapt though. Very elegent rules and easily modified. I'm interested in the SPQR "update" of Runequest but not bought it yet. Also Unknown Armis [EDIT: name corrected] which is a descendent of BRP.

I had problems with Space 1889 myself rules-wise but the setting was great.

Casey

Originally posted by Listlurker:
As mentioned by a poster above, I prefer CT for its simplicity and ease of use. As was said, other versions add detail, but they also tend to clutter up the basic games mechanics in the process, interfering with the ease of use which made CT so easy to run and to play.

[...]

Of course, if the mythic T5 ever appears, and its rules are a return to the elegant simplicity of CT ... :D

Listlurker
This really old post is a great plug for Traveller5.com, where your wish list and your enthusiasm are the only requirements for constructive help. A desire to playtest a little bit AND offer some helpful criticism would be great, too, especially from people with a strong cross-section of gaming experience.

Why bother? Because Marc Miller monitors the site, and takes constructive criticism seriously. It's your forum to influence Traveller 5.

I play and GM T20.
I' played CT & MT *only* (non ref/Gm). I began Gm-reffing TNE-traveller when it debutted.
I prefer TNE, the TNE time line, & if T20 allows more intrest in the era (not just the game system which has crunchier bits than previous versions/flavors/eras of traveller), then I'll stick with it.

and TJ- FYI if nothing else...I use all previous data to Virus IMTU...GT is the only system I do NOT use. (I have one T4 book-Pocket Empires).
I sketch out a ship with HG, and flesh it outlater for TNE. Still have to get a handle on the T20 ship thing..but thats a time-space & me reding more dilemma.

Back