• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

GURPS Traveller announcement

It would have been nice if there'd been some provision made for JTAS subscriptions. Mine recently expired, and I can find no way to extend it again until the magazine goes dark. I've been a subscriber for a long time, and I'd like to be on hand for the final issues, but that doesn't seem to be possible.

Steve :(

It would have been nice if there'd been some provision made for JTAS subscriptions. Mine recently expired, and I can find no way to extend it again until the magazine goes dark. I've been a subscriber for a long time, and I'd like to be on hand for the final issues, but that doesn't seem to be possible.

Steve :(

Has there been new content? I don't know - I wasn't a subscriber. When was the most recent JTAS material posted?

July 28th 2015 issue includes

-Campaign setting: Suncheon Station by Mark Gellis

The next issue should be out on Tuesday.

Aside from the JTAS issue I agree with Nathan that the ISW period would be a great line to advance in the T5 system. In fact I would love to see the whole G:TU setting go forward. I was never a fan of Rebellion+ settings and Rim of Fire is one of the best setting books I've ever seen.

I know that's asking a lot. I'm sure its enough work to get the SJGames material ready for some sort of publication by Mr. Miller et al, and I'll certainly be happy to see a cross referenced, searchable publication of JTAS.

So the end is nigh for G:Traveller.

Any news available for the public on what is happening, or will that be announced in January?

A CDrom is in the works. AFAIK, It is not yet decided if GURPS-lite will be on it. A JTAS cd is also planned. SJ and MWM are handling it. The discussion forums will, at minimum, be archived to html. Not certain where those will be archived.

The discussion forums will, at minimum, be archived to html. Not certain where those will be archived.

Seems silly to kill them and destroy that community. Sure, SJG is footing the bill for that community, and it support a product they can no longer sell.

But that bill is noise to the support of all their other stuff.

I don't see the harm in keeping it.

Seems silly to kill them and destroy that community. Sure, SJG is footing the bill for that community, and it support a product they can no longer sell.

But that bill is noise to the support of all their other stuff.

I don't see the harm in keeping it.

Nor do I. But I've not read the contracts.

A CDrom is in the works. AFAIK, It is not yet decided if GURPS-lite will be on it. A JTAS cd is also planned. SJ and MWM are handling it. The discussion forums will, at minimum, be archived to html. Not certain where those will be archived.

It makes me feel better that the forum will be preserved, somewhere. Its easy to see the books themselves will be easy enough to be offered on a CD, once the lawyers are happy. JTAS would be harder to offer, but I hope to see it, or at least most of it, but I'm not too worried about it being offered for sale.

A forum on the other hand, would be difficult to strip out of its servers. And offered for sale? I'm not sure who would buy it IF they had to mine it themselves for the wealth of data that is in there. It IS worth it to keep and not erase, but "how" is the question I guess.

It makes me feel better that the forum will be preserved, somewhere. Its easy to see the books themselves will be easy enough to be offered on a CD, once the lawyers are happy. JTAS would be harder to offer, but I hope to see it, or at least most of it, but I'm not too worried about it being offered for sale.

A forum on the other hand, would be difficult to strip out of its servers. And offered for sale? I'm not sure who would buy it IF they had to mine it themselves for the wealth of data that is in there. It IS worth it to keep and not erase, but "how" is the question I guess.

The following is merely my opinion. It does not reflect official FFE policy.

My expectation is that the JTAS article material, which was (IIRC) all paid for on a "work for hire" basis, reverts to FFE as derivative works under the license, and at conclusion, transfer to MWM/FFE.

I suspect both the public and behind-the-paywall will be presented as HTML files on one or both of the expected GT disks - one is the GT books, the other the JTAS articles. HTML is, after all, fairly compact (more so than PDF).

THey may, instead be archives presented at FFE or at COTI.

How about online JTAS transfers to CotI.

You then offer access at a discount to moot members and charge more for none moot members.

You could even continue to ask for submissions for new issues.

Does FFE have a magazine? I would think that a regular publication of some sort would still be really helpful for a game company.

Weekly, or bi-weekly, is probably asking a lot. Monthly, like the old DGP Traveller's Digest would be ideal.

Does FFE have a magazine? I would think that a regular publication of some sort would still be really helpful for a game company.

Weekly, or bi-weekly, is probably asking a lot. Monthly, like the old DGP Traveller's Digest would be ideal.

Yes, there is a magazine from FFE. It's in PDF, and it's called Imperiallines.

I asked if FFE had a magazine because I couldn't find it. I remember reading, probably here somewhere, that Imperiallines was being restarted, but I couldn't remember the name. Without the name cursory searches of Google and Drive Thru and even here didn't give me much to go on.

I had the same problem trying to track down a place to buy T5. Eventually I found it, but I wonder why its so difficult to get to these products.

As to the topic - JTAS is no more. The subforum at SJGames is still up. I wonder when FFE will announce a deal with SJGames to be able to provide the GURPS line of Traveller, and the 15 years worth of JTAS.

Back