• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

General Has anyone done any Traveller art with the AI tools out there?

Given your interest in western themed sci-fi, I am a bit surprised you are not aware of the show. It’s pretty much nothing but western free trader Traveller. I suggest giving it a whirl.
maybe even a do-si-do! Rumor does have it that Firefly was Whedon's college Traveller game.

"Is anyone using AI for Traveller?"

Umm ... sort of. I find the AI great for generating inspiration that I then need to rework the Art myself. Here is an example. I gave the AI this start image ...

wheels.jpg

Then I asked the AI to create a Cyborg Pet from that image and I got THIS:

Tank.jpg

Now that is NOT what I was asking for and it needs some work, but that is an idea that I can work with. It inspired me.

Hey, I am dabbling to feed images into my Darrians in the Florian League game. Might I ask if people might share their prompts or tips on the best way to write prompts?

Many AIs seem to weight phrases in the prompt based on their location within the prompt - that is, the earlier mentioned, the more important. As such, place the most important descriptives up near the beginning of the prompt. For example, "a green-skinned humanoid with pointed ears wearing a military uniform" is more likely to get you a Vulcan, perhaps not in uniform; "a military officer with pointed ears and green skin" is more likely to get you something that could pass as an Imperial officer, who may or may not be able to pass as Darrian or as Vulcan.

(It will also depend on which generator you're using; Wombo doesn't seem to do people as well as NightCafe, for example.)

Hey, I am dabbling to feed images into my Darrians in the Florian League game. Might I ask if people might share their prompts or tips on the best way to write prompts?
Well, I am tinkering with Night Cafe as atpollard and all of my prompts are visible.

My best advice, for a game (not necessarily publication) is to find a good "Start Image" that has the basic form of what you want and then evolve it using the AI. I started with a basilisk illustration because I wanted "8 legs" and evolved it to be more "Bear/Lion/Wolf" in appearance. The final result is posted among my work on Night Cafe. [It was for my PbP game.]

"Start Image"
AAUV3CDhoWMSb2IviPCe.jpg

First AI Evolution:
I9DYuwHq2oh4Dv61Hte6--1--wy7p1.jpg

Final AI Evolution:
bev9cZIncuPM5voY1ryt--1--few8z.jpg

Last edited:
That looks really good. You are further along than I am with using the various tools. For those interested, I post as Wildlife51, and all of my prompts and setting are visible.

Back