• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Hinterworlds in TNE?

Flynn

SOC-14 1K
Good Evening, All,

As part of my preparations for the Stellar Reaches Special Supplement on the Hinterworlds sector in 1248, I'm looking for any canonical references to the Hinterworlds in the TNE era. I've gathered a lot of the info from the Hard Times period, post-Rebellion, but I don't know if anyone (such as Charles Gannon) continued to publish material in the sector during the TNE era. So, if you know of any articles in old Challenge magazines that I need to dig up or that kind of thing, I would greatly appreciate it.

Please bear in mind that I'm looking for canonical work that has been published, not HIWG fan-based material. (Okay, I'll look at fan material, too, but I definitely want to honor canon with this effort.)

Thanks, All,
Flynn

Sorry, Flynn, all I have seen is the HIWG stuff for the New Era. Hopefully, you will make the Stalkers into a more agressive species, as they were kinda wasted just confined to their Ringworld. Discovering the Transwarp Conduits that the Ancients left behind might be a start.

I don't have any canonical info, though you might want to do a search - I think this question has been asked before.

The closest stuff there is it the info on the adjoining subsectors in the Old Expanses, as detailed in the "Traveller Navigator" program. It's now freeware (IIRC) and floating about the web somewhere. I can dig out the info if you want.

From memory, OE Subsec D has the Voskl Trade Alliance, a small PE. Subsec P has a Hiver-supported PE (which is more of a safe zone than anything else).

Fan stuff was also done on the Hinterworlds, and I can point you in that direction if you wish. I'll warn that I was associated with it...so I may have everso evil intentions in drawing your attention to it.

Muah-ha-haa!
file_23.gif

Oh poo! I've given the game away... :(

Starviking

Hi Kafka,

I only have vague recollections of the Hinterworlds issue of Challenge, but I think the Stalkers controlled the ringworld and were not native to it.

Starviking

Starviking,

If you'd like to point me in the direction of your fan work, I'll gladly take a look. Bear in mind that I'm using the 1248 Collapse and Recovery system, so I am hoping that my 1200 results are similar enough that I can at least use it for inspiration. If not, I'll do what I can to avoid contradicting your work.

Also, once the basics are ready (UWPs, racial stats and a brief outline of the history from 1120 to 1248) and I start asking for contribution, if you'd like to pitch something my way, I'm more than willing to entertain such works.

Looking forward to it,
Flynn

Back