• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

Honor Harrington

jfwking

SOC-12
Aside form much cheering and merriment.

At the bottom of the release is a little note about the license holders who are preparing a theatrical release. One movie per book please :)

PS if you are looking for play testers or any such to do with this consider me volunteered already.

Originally posted by Captain Jonah:
At the bottom of the release is a little note about the license holders who are preparing a theatrical release. One movie per book please :)
Unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of information on this except that they are working hard to make it happen.

PS if you are looking for play testers or any such to do with this consider me volunteered already.
We will post more info on this later, but likely will go the route of the TNE:1248 playtest/preorder.

Hunter

Really look forward to this stuff--love the books.
:cool:

Pappy

This could be interesting even to folk like me who aren't that enamored of the series as it's a non-OTU small 'verse setting that differs techwise from the CT / OTU TL tree.

That and I likely could adapt it to the RCN series by David Drake easily or :eek: might actually get into the HH 'verse.
file_23.gif

Oh and since I'm evidently not familiar enough with the series, the subject line "[TML] Let's Be About It!" meant nothing to me.

Casey

Does this mean we will get variant ship rules, new weapons etc?
It mat be a chance to fix some of the problems with the existing T20 ship sensor, movement, and combat systems ;) .
Could be interesting.

Originally posted by Sigg Oddra:
Does this mean we will get variant ship rules, new weapons etc?
It mat be a chance to fix some of the problems with the existing T20 ship sensor, movement, and combat systems ;) .
Could be interesting.
A complete rewrite would be needed. Combat/ship design etc in the Honorverse do not fit with the T20 systems. Hopefully this will be done from scratch although I suspect you will need two systems, one aimed at ship to ship with more detail for player level action and an abstract fleet level system for multi squadron actions with scors of SDs launching thousands of missiles at each other.

Outstanding news! What a coup for you all at QLI! Excellent! I really do love the series and look forward to the game material. Keep on keepin' on!

Shiara

you do know that HH was a testing grounds for Star Fire 4th edition. what it was for was to test out a bunch of new rules that came out with the 4th edition. so the books were sorta like an open playtest...

Originally posted by slyen2:
you do know that HH was a testing grounds for Star Fire 4th edition. what it was for was to test out a bunch of new rules that came out with the 4th edition. so the books were sorta like an open playtest...
Are you sure?

There are a series of books written in the starfire universe. Insurrection, Crusade, In Death Ground, The Shiva Option. The starship combat, starship systems, and milieu described in these novels match the Starfire game precisely.

In the HH books, combat and starship systems do not match (although they do bear a resemblance, it's hardly surprising, since David Weber was co-author of the Starfire series) the Starfire books. There are some major differences. Especially that Starfire ships use generic "shields" for defense, and the HH books use Impeller Wedges and Sidewalls.

Movies, eh? Who shall we cast as Honor? I think Liv Tyler would be excellent. And, for some reason [head injuries -juries -uries] I have always pictured Elizabeth as Whoopi Goldberg.

Errr, except Honor is supposed to be on the homely side, rather than droolable. Now, granted the Hollywood idea of "homely" means "wears glasses and has hair in a bun," but at least they could go for an actress who doesn't come stamped out of the fashion mold.

Originally posted by Straybow:
Errr, except Honor is supposed to be on the homely side, rather than droolable. Now, granted the Hollywood idea of "homely" means "wears glasses and has hair in a bun," but at least they could go for an actress who doesn't come stamped out of the fashion mold.
Honor is "exotically" beautiful, but "thought" she was an ugly duckling for many years. Prolong delayed her final development for many years, and she was a late bloomer anyway.

As the books have progressed, she gradually becomes aware of this in greater degrees.

Originally posted by Shane Mclean:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jame:
I'll play Paul Tankersley, even though he dies...
Oh, right, well that's one suprise spoiled.

C'mon Jame, not everyone has read all the books yet...

Shane
</font>[/QUOTE]Hey, just because you're slow Shane. Tsk, come on they've been out several years now. :rolleyes:

Back