• Welcome to the new COTI server. We've moved the Citizens to a new server. Please let us know in the COTI Website issue forum if you find any problems.

I made a pod for the Ellement Cruiser

Tikon

SOC-11
photo.php

I created this Habitation add-on module for the Element class cruiser. I have the box set for it. And see that it's being used in the new Deepnight Revelation adventure coming out.
Since it's a deep space, beyond the borders type deal, I thought it would need a biosphere food/recreation/life support dedicated module. That would sustain the crew if needed, and help with mental well being.
As adventure seed, I also added colonists that the ship could seed along the way. Small research stations, etc. Both as a valve for crew having cold feet. But also secretly, being a psionics institute's plan to smuggle a large population of Psions out of the Imperium.
Bringing some drama, and maybe another resource to the mission.
I am also writing up a dedicated construction module. Where the ship can fabricate needed starships, shuttles, etc along the way. If they lose a shuttle (*cough* Voyager *cough* how many shuttles did you have all alone in the Delta Quadrant Voyager? *cough*) As well as making space craft for those colonies.
I've been able to get up to 800 tons in the deck. To make 400 ton ships. Along with a docking space of 900 tons. Along with mining drone, ore processing, and manufacturing. Maybe trade high tech goods along the way?
Now the 1st design I made doesn't have a hangar, Since i figured a damaged ship can be taken to the construction deck for repairs. I have to calculate crew accommodations.
Let me know what you think. I'll be drawing deck plans soon as well.

I think both of your ideas are pretty good.

I would dip into T5 and construct a vehicle/smallcraft/scoutship construction pod.

Thanks. Wouldn't the construction deck take care of that? And I installed an industrial section from the Space Station section of High Guard. Since that was what the book said was needed to make vehicles.

Back